Stupid question? Stinky subject!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shorty

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Supporting member
Reaction score
Was wondering what kind, you all use for non-scented anti-perspirant? If any? Seems like the makers of this do not really care if it stinks pretty and is labeled non scented….

Was wondering what kind, you all use for non-scented anti-perspirant? If any? Seems like the makers of this do not really care if it stinks pretty and is labeled non scented….
I use Scent Killer Gold ( from Wallymart ) they have underarm deodorant, body lotion, body wash, laundry detergent & dryer sheets. I've used the Formula One product line that can be ordered on Amazon. They have all the same stuff.

I second scent killer gold deodorant as well as the spray, laundry detergent and body wash.
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the Scent Killer spray for your clothes & boots in their kit.
As to how well both products I mentioned work - I've had deer walk in on me from the same trail I take to my stand & not smell me, I've had from 2 deer to 6 deer from 10yds to directly under me for extended periods of time & not wind me. I had some deer bed down at 20yds one time, in a light swirling wind & didn't get winded. So I guess they work pretty well.

Last edited:
Where I live people and deer are commonly in the same area a lot and I think the deer just get acclimated to smelling people. I wash my hunting clothes with unscented soap, and shower using unscented body wash. I spray my boots with scent blocker. That's it. And when in the stand I don't climb down and truck off 100 yards to take a leak.

As much as people try to cover their scent, they pay little attention to breath odor and if one thinks deer don't smell that, think again. I eat nothing with onions, garlic or anything that's going to gas me up and have me farting all day. Not only will onion or garlic saturate the breath for a day after eating but they too will crawl out of the pores of the skin regardless of what concoction one uses to try and cover up his scent. Booze breath is another smell deer will zero in on so no alcohol during the deer season or while hunting but that should be a given.

Agreed on the breath issue. If you chew mint or parsley, you can limit the bad breath odors. I am a garlic farmer and I can tell you without a doubt that the deer find garlic in any shape or form, offensive. That includes eating it. I go very light with the stinking rose during deer season.

Back