Tag Soup

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokepole

Reaction score
My season is over and I did not take a buck for the first time in a number of years. Was able to take 5 does during archery season, but jaw droppers came by. Last night it all came together at last light, similar to last year for me. This time my dad was with and I have been on a mission to get him a good buck with the muzzleloader. After about 15 does filtered by, 5 bucks came to the field. One of the them was a perfect 160 class ten pointer. I was looking through the binos telling my dad which one the shoot. They were 100 yards for about 10 minutes. This hunt should have been over sooner. My dad wanted to wait for them to work their way closer, but we had a small window of opportunity once they were closer. At about 50 yards, my dad shot. Didn't see it fall and no blood in sight. We backed out and I went out this morning to find the the deer. After about 30 yards of following drops of bllod in the bean field, I found the deer. Unfortunately, he shot the wrong one. The one he shot was a 135" 8 pointer and very large body (250 lbs plus). From the teeth, I would age him at 4.5. It was his first with an ML, but not the type of buck we had been after. Really wanted to get my dad a wall hanger. I would have been happier for my dad to shoot the big one, than if I had pulled the trigger.

Latest posts

Back