Taking out Randy Wakeman

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just remember Randy, Rifleman is "training" to become a Striper Guide someday....so he aint quite there yet! :lol:

Be sure to take some video covering this upcoming voyage. :lol:

Training is right, I wish I was better at it. As far as RW's bubbles stop comment, think about it. The only guy who is more dangerous in the water then a US Marine is a Navy Seal, and I got a few buddies who could reasonably argue that. Me, I am more like a navy whale, hahahahahaha
I can still swim like a fish, just a fat ole tired one. That would be a good topic, swim training. Man those were the days.

should make him fish in those used under britches that he wanted to buy so bad from the auction board. :shock: :wink:

JD said:
should make him fish in those used under britches that he wanted to buy so bad from the auction board. :shock: :wink:

smily961.gif

Just a quick update, Scott the stingers hookem but dont holdem. Randy had a dandy on this morning but the stinger hook straightened out ! Man what a disappointment, I bet that fish went 20 plus. Then , he caught a 10.5 lber that helped with the disappointment. Anyway we are headed back out later tonight and I will get around to pics when all finished. Rifleman

:D Sounds like you least had some action there! Yeah, I used those stingers for flounders to try to nail the short strikers but didnt like them. Like you said the hooks were vry strong plus the type I used pick-up alot of sea weed while drift style fishing.

Look forward to your full report. :D

Well, look at it this way. If not for the stinger, you would never have seen the fish! Let me know what size they are and I'll check in my Saltwater tacklebox for some strong ones. I know that I've got them in there, I just don't know what size you want. I'll rig up the Castaic Blue Shad and the 9" Storm with them.

Did you have it embedded in the bait or free swinging? Was it on a plastic bait or what I brought last time?

It's blowin' 17-20 mps winds with gusts to 33.

Bdot I don't know the size since I threw away the package, but I did figure out a way to hook them that really seems to be the ticket. I will show you next time down, thanks Dwight

Well we had a decent day on the water the first morning, great weather and the bite was on somewhat. We hooked up twice. The first fish was a very good one as I grabbed the rod from the holder and socked it to him. Wow, must have been at least, very conservatively 15 lbs maybe even over 20. Randy did an excellent job playing the fish, but the hook straightened just a few yards from the boat and the striper was lost. However a short time later we hooked another on one of the light rods rigged as a down rod. Randy once again did an excellent job playing the fiesty 10.5 lber and we were able to put that striper in the boat, thereby saving the day from being a skunk. Overall we had a really good time and enjoyed the day. Here is a pic

100_9634.jpg

:D Sounds like a nice trip there. Scenery sure looks beautiful!!

Congrats Randy on that Striper. You kept the RMan from gettin shunked! :lol:

Yeah that looks like a LOT of fun! The good thing about fishing is you can talk and fish at the same time. Could the two of you stood it any other way? :lol:

Well, I can tell you this-- Mrs. & Mrs. Rifleman are fabulous hosts, and nobody takes a back seat to the talent of Mrs. Rifleman when it comes to great food-- and, great pie!

Rifleman is a good shot at the back of an innocent head with an airsoft pistol-- one called flyer added a bit of spice to fresh black coffee as well. :shock:

Rifleman's secret sanctuary is currently home to a unique jumping catfish of some kind; not familiar with the exact breed. The watery wonderland of the Rifleman included not just deer, but a spectacular display of aerial clumsiness by a wayward buzzard-- leaving his other buzzardly buddies for no reason, to crash against the white rocks beneath him. Not sure, but I think this buzzard just dozed off, only to awake crisply upon impact, unharmed. :roll:

NIce fish guys. sounds like you both had a great time. :D

Thank you for the kind words Randy, I will pass it along to the Mrs.
She really is a great cook as my physique obviously reflects! :oops:

Back