Thank you for all your advice

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I decided to join because I find myself reading and re-reading these forums over and over and implementing some of the advice offered. You have really helped me with my muzzleloaders. The forums discussions are a great source of information. THANK YOU!

In summary, I hunt on the Eastern Shore of MD (that's the reason for my "KentCoFT"), North East PA (Pike Co.), and Central West Indiana (Vermillion Co.). A few years ago, I elk hunted (twice) in CO second week rifle OTC public land (GMU 44, 45 and 444); did not connect but dropped a lot of weight trying- LOL. I build my muzzleloader "set ups" for whitetail deer with an option to hunt elk if/when needed. So I practice and try different bullets. Hunting in areas with high density of deer (and large bag limits) allows me to experiment a lot. I am the "designated" fixer for my buddies gun issues (like setting up scopes, peeps, loads, cleaning recommendations, bullet selection, etc.). Most of what I know has been through trial and error and through this forum and rokslide. Anyways. Looking forward to participating if I can be helpful.

I shoot: Knight 50cal Mountaineer, CVA Accura 50cal V2 LR, CVA Accura 50cal MR and a T/C Hawken 50cal. #11 with 1/66 Mountain Green Barrel. Mostly shoot Barnes T-EZ 250 and 290gr, and Thors 250gr on in-lines and PRB in the Hawken. Started with White Hots but moved to BH209 about 2 years ago; except for Hawken where I have only shoot Goex FF.

Happy to post pics of guns and discuss my experience with some bullets and set ups.

Thank you

Latest posts

Back