The view now, pretty cold though

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have owned about twenty different muzzleloaders in my life. All are very cool guns, but the favorite is my Patriot. At my age and where i hunt the weight is important to me, as it would be to anybody. This gun is accurate and very light to carry.

I cannot say it enough but carrying this gun is a dream. It’s all about weight and balance. Mark knew this when he first built them for the ridge runners hunting big bucks. These guys knew what worked best when tracking a deer up to 10-15 miles. Yes these guys are true long distance woods hunters that this gun was made for. Its accuracy is guaranteed moa or they will work with you until it is achieved. Mine is know different. Like any muzzleloader you have a learning curve with this one as others to achieve moa accuracy. You have to learn how to headspace the breech plug with different primers as well as to keep it cleaned for optima accuracy. This is not hard at all, it is explained very well in the directions, its just part of the learning curve that you go through. I chose to shoot bullet to bore. Once you understand the simple principles of do so was very rewarding. The main principle of shooting this way is to get enough grab when the bullet is embedded into the rifling so the bullet stays put on the powder. Too much grab and the bullet will not go down the barrel all the way to the powder. Otherwise you have created a pipe bomb. It takes just a whisker more of effort than using a sabot. My gun really likes the fury bullets, star tipped or black tipped bullets in 275 grains. 58.0 grains, weighed, of vihtavuori n120. Federal 209a primers. The deer absolutely hate this gun/bullet combo, but they taste great….shorty

Back