Bad Weather Arrives

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess its headed our way too. The Weather Channel showed the low going right over us in NE MI.

All 8 of the 5gal gas cans are full, both snow blowers are full, the Ranger has the plow mounted and its full too. Wife's Buick Encore is full, and my new Silverado is full.

Most of all, the generator is full of gas, oil checked. ;)

Minus 11 here right now and it just finished with us in Minnesota this morning early. I didn't bother watching it head to Wisconsin or Michigan but happy to see it vamoose. Since the 13th of December I have not had to blow snow twice. Otherwise, I've blown the four properties I take care of at least once or even twice every day. The wind is supposed to become a factor this afternoon, tonight, Friday and into Saturday. Blizzard warnings are flying all over here in MN and the Dakotas, not certain on Iowegenville, but can't wait. NOT. Calendar winter is only two days old and I already wish it were out of here. Why can't this crap be over in Russia? They need something to do other than mess with other countries.

we have a few very windy days/nights coming in the teens during the day and single digits to -1 at night . the van and jeep are full and started the generator so we won't have problems if we need it . we got wind chills of -30 to -40 projected at night . but we're gonna be mild compared to a lot of areas .
be careful folks ......

Last edited:
Not too bad here in MA yet. Pretty much supposed to get a lot of rain and high winds overnight tonight, and tomorrow. I'm working tonight and thought "At least I'll be home tomorrow when the winds pickup", but then realized I put in for OT tomorrow night. Probably should've thought that one out a little more. Hope everyone stays safe.

At 6:15 this evening we're at -14 with a steady 20mph wind. -39 wind chill right now. The wind is supposed to get to the 35-40 mph range tomorrow with below zero temps again all day. Our high was -6 for about twenty minutes this afternoon. You guys to the east best toss the long johns in the oven for a pre-heat job.... you're going to need them warm.

This storm covers an area over 800 miles from top to bottom. Not sure what the east/west size is but its more than 800 miles. Its a huge beast.

The cold and windy is arriving here in southeast Oklahoma.
In the last hour, the temperature has dropped 11 degrees, from 40 to 29 now.
Windy as hell now with light rain.
I’m about 4 hours south of you, and it hit here a little after 2 this afternoon. It was 46* then and is 15* now, and the wind is brutal.

I got all the outside faucets wrapped and covered, all the dogs and cats in, and extra feed put out for the cows.

I’m about 4 hours south of you, and it hit here a little after 2 this afternoon. It was 46* then and is 15* now, and the wind is brutal.

I got all the outside faucets wrapped and covered, all the dogs and cats in, and extra feed put out for the cows.
Luckily we don't see this kind of weather to often.
Supposed to be 35 on Saturday.

I90 from Souix Falls to Rapid City in South Dakota is closed. I94 all the way thru North Dakota is closed. The Interstate that runs north and south thru both states have lots of portions close. I fear that this big chill is going to be a deadly one. Think of all the wildlife that'll get buried in drifts.... right next to people that don't know how to drive.

Deerman, if it gets to 35 here on Sunday I'll be in a T shirt.

What's it like out your way Jitterbug? Flounder?

Latest posts

Back