TK 2000 loads

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0EA8EBE5-6DDE-45A3-9FD0-679B5D3C30D7.jpeg DD8140DB-0E99-4B61-9450-0C593EE2DD3A.jpeg My TSS - TK2000 load. 40 yd target. #9 count was 242 pellets 10” circle . 17 pellets in 2”. Combo 7 & 9’s not bad either.

I Used BPI- RE wad. Filled the wad with shot. Marked the shot height then trimmed to length. Used a 12 ga cyl choke tube to hold wad and filled with the 1 3/4 oz shot again. Added #47 buffer tapping choke tube to settle. Measured that amount of buffer needed to fill wad/ shot.
Made speed loads then from those measurements.
The pictured loads produced same results repeatedly.
Works for me.
Unfortunately this past early turkey season didn’t. Heard em and saw em but couldn’t get them in.
Gun was ready though. LOL

I used to own two tk2000,the thumbhole felt like less recoil than the straight stock.I found and still find a cover wad works great in my muzzleloader shotguns.With a 209 primer, you may be able to use blkhorn 209.90 grns goex ff worked good for me.

That’s a great pattern with the tss shot, should be a jelly head!

I shoot 90 grains t7, 1l2" fiber wad ,a bpi Turkey ranger shot cup, 1 7/8 # 5 shot, over shot card.
My patterns improved when I dropped the shot weight down. Patterns as good as my 3" 12 ga turkey gun

I tried all kinds of combinations. This wad that wad, this shot size that size, lead ,copper, nickle shot.Various oz loads. Various powders.
Stayed away from BH209 due to TK2000's straight bolt. ( pressure )
I think all of the testing caused a rotator cuff issue. :)
Afterwards this DWB added:
Limb Saver recoil pad and invested in a lead sled.

TSS shot outperformed them all IMO.
And of course using #9 with so much more shot I expected a better pattern. It did consistently.
# 7's TSS patterned well too in my testing.

Old post but my TK2000 smoked two WV long beards this past spring with my #9 TSS load. 48 & 52 yds. Flat out nailed em.
Thats awesome, congrats on the longbeards. I've heard so much about the TK 2000, all very good. I hear its a brutal kicker too. #9 shot - on turkeys though? Thats a first for me ever hearing that. I was deer hunting all day today, I had 7 jakes & 8 hens 20yds at one point from me mid day. I could hear them all over the woods this morning. I have until Jan 1 to take my 2 fall Osceolas.

Niner, Get on board with the TSS shot. It’s incredible. That’s why I’m making 9mm & 45 acp #12 shot shells.
Merry Christmas friend.
may I ask where you purchase your TSS shot? I would like to try some for myself!

Latest posts

Back