tradition Wont shoot

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A friend of mine came over with a new Tradition VAPR,shooting 250 grain bullets tradition bullets, never could get it to shoot good, it was bad using triple 7 powder 100 grain got it paper at 3 shots in an 1 1/2 then started shooting high and higher, I think the scope might not be any good checked to make sure the rings where tight and everything,any ideas,and can you shoot buckhorn 209 in them, I am at a lost tried 2 different bullets nothing seems to work.

How long between shots? If you got an inch and a half in three shots, then spreading out [up] and you're shooting shot after shot without some cool down for the barrel, that might account for the rapid rise. You may indeed have a bad scope, or you may simply have some loose screws in the rings or the bases too. If you're shooting fast and not allowing things to cool down for 5-10 minutes between shots you need to. An inch and a half is good for three shots but then three shots can put a lot of heat in the barrel. Subsequent shoots within a minute or two of each other can further heat the barrel rapidly and that may be your issue.

Latest posts

Back