Twanger

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

It is nice to see an old (long-time, not age) friend stop by to visit.

Welcome to "Agent Provocateur" Twanger!

(Walt, ready for dove season this year? :wink: )

Oh sure Randy, get the dirty laundry out right away! :lol:
Thanks for the welcome!
You know my motto - "Never miss a chance to poke the bear."
Or was it - "Get close, pick a spot?"

Hi Walt!!!!

Glad to see you stop by! Hope you stick around!

Twanger said:
Or was it - "Get close, pick a spot?"

I believe that was it.

What get the first call for deer-whacking this year, "THE BEAST?" :shock:

Yeah, I'm salivating over getting a black-ice treatment on Beast #2 and shooting some of those Hunter280man 220gr 45/40 sabots. It'll kill deer at 100 yds, but the big question is, can I? I suck with a pistol, and that my friend, is a challenge I have a hard time resisting.

Man, I've gotta practice alot more.

...hmmm

Between you and Patrick, I smell a ML Pistol forum! :lol: 8)

Twanger, you will probably have a couple in the deep freeze with the Bow before you even start to smoke! :lol:

You Md guys can bowhunt in Mid Sept if I remember? Man, only 2 1/2 mths! :lol:

Thanks Spitpatch. That's my best buck to date. 128" gross, 118" net. Taken at 8yds with a compound bow two seasons ago. He'll make the MD book, and I'm hoping to get some kind of county award in the MD trophy buck contest, but I'm sure it won't be first.

Randy, I've got all the stuff to make the sling, but have not yet done it. I'm a little concerned that shooting with the sling will give me a different POI than without, but of course this is not something I've tested. Perhaps Huntersmurf can comment.

Welcome Twanger,

Man, that is one beautiful buck! I've hunted Md. all my life and never have seen one that nice :D I have been to the contest once or twice. My best is only an 8 pt. @ 102"- which is not bad for a W.Md. deer.

Good Luck this season

Thanks ABinMD. I've seen several bigger bucks than him in the last 10 years, but getting an arrow into one is en entirely different thing. Had a chance at a 10pt 160-class (?) a couple of years ago at the Monocacy WMA (PUBLIC LAND!) during bow season (nobody hunts the gun area in bow season. Ok, well, me and Earl do, but that's it.) That big boy didn't get closer than 40-yds. I still think about my choice to not sling an arrow at him, but it was the only ethical thing to do. In my private land bow-hunting spot I've seen three bucks that are bigger than 130" in the last 10 years. One was this buck's father. We called him Choco for the dark coat. I watched Choco grow up for 3 years before deciding to take a crack at him... passed a 30-yds shot that last year, and never saw him again. This guy came along 3 years later, and is the spitting image, no doubt his son. So we call him Son-of-Choco.

Anyoo... there are big bucks around!

There are a few nice bucks haunting my bow area that I hope to get a crack at this year. One was a basket-racked 8-pointer that I hope is big enough to take this year (passed at 20 yds). Another raggy 6-pt that I passed at 18 yds, and a wide 8 (100" class) that I put an arrow into the shoulder of at 20 yds, but it didn't penetrate. Looked for two days. Nada. I hope he made it!

Back