Venison jerky

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just followed the directions inside. Has a cure and seasoning mix that you sprinkle on both sides of the meat. Let cure in the refrigerator for 24 hiours, then smoke at 200* for 2-2 1/2 hrs until internal meat temp hits 165*f.

View attachment 38578
Thank you LHR. I have used other hi mountain jerky recipes with good results also ..

That Hi Mountain seasoning is some good stuff for smaller batches. Occasionally I will end up with a few pounds of nice trim that hasn't really got any defined direction for it and I'll grab some Hi Mountain and whip up some goodies.

LHR.... I too favor the cut muscle jerky. I just can't get to liking the ground and pressed stuff.

That Hi Mountain seasoning is some good stuff for smaller batches. Occasionally I will end up with a few pounds of nice trim that hasn't really got any defined direction for it and I'll grab some Hi Mountain and whip up some goodies.

LHR.... I too favor the cut muscle jerky. I just can't get to liking the ground and pressed stuff.
Same here, ground just isn’t the same

Back