Well...what are....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpsman

Reaction score
you fine gents doing this weekend?

I'm sitting here watching it rain....again!! :affraid: :Wow: :Questuon:

you fine gents doing this weekend?
Hanging out at home reloading some .223/556 ammo, doing honey doos, and thinking about replacing the feeder and game camera that were trashed when our deer lease got covered by 3-6 feet of water from the overflowing creek.

Took the pooch for a hike in the mountains. We'll do it again tomorrow.

Will watch F1 qualifying today and the race tomorrow.

Tied some flies.

Played with the Triumph putting on some scope mounts. (peep didn't work out)

I might bang my neighbor later on if she's up for it.

Made some pemmican.

Edited a Memorial Stories Booklet for a group meeting in New Jersey 
to celebrate the life of an old mentor. They meet tomorrow. I had a 
late submission today... :(

Cooked breakfast for the wife...:queen:

Walked the dog...:tongue:

Reassembled the .54 Huntsman after I found the tiny screw driver I needed to break it apart. 
I had removed the plug that holds the nipple to keep it from being fired. All ready... :shooter:

Planted a white rose bush...:flower:

Did a load of laundry...:Shh:

Did a lot of e-mail... 

Read a couple hunting and fishing magazines...:study:

Tried to fix my small Gun Vault safe. 
I think they are poorly designed...:x

Played with my new Smith's Electric Knife Sharpener. 
It was only 16 bucks at Adel's Outfitters and Gun Store 
in Georgia. Usable, but under powered...:|

Touched base here...:)

Running to the guns shop to pick up some .22 shells...:shooter:

Getting ready to cook dinner soon.:Shh:

Planted some serrano peppers and am now watching the NFL draft.

(BTW, the Broncos do NOT have a decent QB.)

If the colonel weren't already married, I'd consider hiring him to keep up my place, wash dishes, clothes, cook, etc. My wife could use a break.

Muley said:
Took the pooch for a hike in the mountains. We'll do it again tomorrow.

Will watch F1 qualifying today and the race tomorrow.

Tied some flies.

Played with the Triumph putting on some scope mounts. (peep didn't work out)

I might bang my neighbor later on if she's up for it.

Made some pemmican.
"I might bang my neighbor later on if she's up for it."

I'm hoping she looks better than your Avatar!!

:affraid: :lol: :blah:

I went to the upper part of the ranch this morning to see how much fence damage the elk did last winter. When I got there it was snowing big time so I went down in the bottom under some large Ponderosa pines. This is where our hunting guests camp, but we had none last year. There were half burned pallets and lots of nails and staples on the ground, broken bottles and beer cans. The fence had been cut with wire pliers, all was not elk damage. I wish I could have caught them!

John

Aunt passed away.  Made that funeral and visited with Mom a couple days. All my cousins were there.  Out of 6 kids and I don't know HOW many cousins, Mom is the last one standing.  Gotta be tough!

Dropped by a Gander Mt. store where they actually had both a Accura V2 MR and an Optima V2.  So, I got to hold them both for comparisons.  Like the Optima thumbhole, but like the MR's "real" sling swivel studs.  Tough choice.  Fathers Day and Birthday combo is coming up so I gots to choose. :scratch:

Got home after lunch and finished bedding a Rem 600 Mowhawk.  Should shoot that dude next weekend to see how good a job I did.

I installed some decorative hangers on the front porch beams for my wife so she can hang some cute little LED lighted canisters.  Re-worked my dog's handicap ramp I made for him so he can get down the couple of stairs a little easier.  He's 12 1/2 and having a hard time going down the 3 steps.  The indoor/outdoor carpeting was just a little too slippery. So I purchased a couple more porch rugs, turned them over then nailed them down.  The bottom of the rugs has kind of a textured rubbery surface that provides a lot of grip for his pads.

Then I worked on my Issac Haines.  I got the barrel back so I started filing down the outside edges of the underlugs to match the flats of the barrel.

Power finally came back on! Just checking through the net to catch up on what all has been happening. Snowing again.

Got up early along with my wife for the morning dogs' walk. She took them for the walk as I am not yet ready for normal walking.
Did my physical therapy exercises.
Worked on a consulting report that's due on Monday morning. It is just doing a damn earthen dam design.
Checked out the bores of some muzzleloaders. They have been just hanging on the wall since I haven't been able to go out shooting for a while. Don't want any rust to set in so wiped some Barricade into them.
Did another round of PT exercises.
Was tired so sat back and watched "The Rifleman" and "Wanted: Dead or Alive" on one of the "old shows" cable channels. I am convinced that Steve McQueen's character, Randall, must have Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE). Darn if he doesn't get knocked out just about every episode.
Ron

Quote by Old Smoke: "Got home after lunch and finished bedding a Rem 600 Mowhawk.  Should shoot that dude next weekend to see how good a job I did."

What caliber is that "Buck Rogers" gun?

I had one in .308 but re-barrelled it to .250 Savage and put it in a laminated thumbhole stock.

I saw a guide shoot his unmodified Rem. 660 in .350 Rem. Mag. I thought it must have broken his shoulder the way he reacted. :no:

A crazy man decided to make them in 350 Rem Mag!  That's just nuts. 

Mine is a .308 Win and just a butt plate, not pad.  I reload for it using 125 gr bullets and a moderate charge to keep the kick down to sane level.

I spent yesterday replacing the power window motor unit and switch assembly on the driver's side of my 2001 JEEP Cherokee.  While the after-market switch was identical, the power window unit did not look like the original I was replacing.  Turned-out the the aftermarket unit fit perfectly and was actually an improvement in design. :)

boy oh boy, Im pulling out what hair I have left.... 6" of snow on the ground this morning when I woke up. :evil:

Snowing... again...  Getting old!  That's life at 8500 feet I guess.  Go snowshoeing this afternoon?  Glad I got out between snow storms and got a gobbler down!

All you mountain men just hang in there.  Paradise will be back to normal in no time!

Stop Whining. I would LOVE some snow. 

And, the entertainment caused by the native Floridians would be pure gold.

Latest posts

Back