What's the plan of attack for you guy's???????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IndianaHunter said:
Just might bring my Savage Slug Gun too!

savagesluggun.jpg

I think I'll use the Remington Buckhammer slugs and see what they can do on a large hog...

I just checked the Crossville, TN (unwritten) Hog Hunting Regulations & the only legal weapons are Muzzleloaders (yes Ed....even those Lil 45 cals :lol: ) bow/arrow or crossbow. So I would leave those long range CF Sluggers & Hi-Tech CF Pistols home. Plus likely a knife would be legal...think there is one of those self-proclaimed throwers here at Mod ML! The unwritten regulations didnt address the knife throwers but they got my vote! :lol:

I will bring 2 guns: TC 50 CALIBER PA Hunter Flintlock w/ Green Mountain 1-28 bbl open sighted-in with Hornady .452 300 Grain HP/XTP's and my White Super 91 .504 CALIBER scope sighted-in with 460 Grain No Excuses. Certainly nuff firepower to bring down anything in North America including a 200 LB. Crossville, TN Hog!! :lol:

Loggy said:
I will bring 2 guns: TC 50 CALIBER PA Hunter Flintlock w/ Green Mountain 1-28 bbl open sighted-in with Hornady .452 300 Grain HP/XTP's <snip>

Your bringing your flinter? GREAT! I've always wanted to shoot one! That is if you don't mind. :wink:

Loggy said:
I just checked the Crossville, TN (unwritten) Hog Hunting Regulations & the only legal weapons are Muzzleloaders (yes Ed....even those Lil 45 cals :lol: ) bow/arrow or crossbow. So I would leave those long range CF Sluggers & Hi-Tech CF Pistols home. Plus likely a knife would be legal...think there is one of those self-proclaimed throwers here at Mod ML! The unwritten regulations didnt address the knife throwers but they got my vote! :lol:

I will bring 2 guns: TC 50 CALIBER PA Hunter Flintlock w/ Green Mountain 1-28 bbl open sighted-in with Hornady .452 300 Grain HP/XTP's and my White Super 91 .504 CALIBER scope sighted-in with 460 Grain No Excuses. Certainly nuff firepower to bring down anything in North America including a 200 LB. Crossville, TN Hog!! :lol:

If anyone is interested in using a spear I'll give it a go with ya.

http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/store/ ... 430117.htm

IndianaHunter said:
Loggy said:
Batchief909 said:
http://www.tennboar.com/policy.htm

Their website gives this list of weapons. Which is correct??

Chief, thats the OLD 2005 Regulations. We are now in 2006! What I read was the 2006 Unwritten Regs! :lol:

Loggy, I just got off the phone with Suzie and she would like a copy of the updates for her site. :poke:

IH, I will forward Suzie's request to Loggy's Website Update/Design Department for review, approval and implementation. Due to post-holiday lag my entire team isnt fully operational yet but I expect staff to be up to 100% efficiency hopefully before our ML Hog Hunts. Sorta hard to get good help these days. I'm trying to put my finger on that Unwritten Word (2006 Regs) that I Read but due to parralex problems it hasent come into focus yet. Likely due to a True & Diehard Muzzleloader Shooter's Mirage aka BS! :lol: :lol:

Chief, with those outstanding White Rifle "Wunderwad Enhanced" groups you shoot...I better not see any of thos damn centerfires!!! :lol:

Look fwd to seein it Chief. Whuts Bower's opener gonna be? Hope the gun chosen resembles his name...screen name that is! :lol:

Loggy said:
Look fwd to seein it Chief. Whuts Bower's opener gonna be? Hope the gun chosen resembles his name...screen name that is! :lol:

Batchief might just pull an RW and shoot one with his Conical shooting Disc Elite. :shock: :D

I think Bob's using the 91,,only in the manly caliber this time... :lol:

That Elite has been retired temporarily, due to another White needing broken in... :wink:

Chief, be nice if Mehlig would book this hunt. Sounds like a nuff Big Guns will be there to help .451 Ed out if he gets into trouble!! :lol:

I just put a new L&R lock & GM 1-28 bbl on my 50 cal. TC PA Hunter flintlock & had tuned by a ML Gunsmith & thinkin about using it. It's open sights but most shots are usually well within 50 yards. Unless heavy rain it should do the job. Plus, if no kill ur only out $100. Sorta a win/win type trip. :)

Loggy said:
Plus, if no kill ur only out $100. Sorta a win/win type trip. :)

You will meet some great people Loggy. It's all about getting together and having fun for me Loggy. Shooting something is just an added bonus. :)

Thanks Chief. I just hated to part with my nice Black Walnut stock in lieu of a laminated. Between the new GM bbl, new L&R Lock & gunsmith tune ...for a nuther 100 I could of had a new RMC AccuSporter w/laminated stock...but lam stock with a flinter just didnt have it for me.

Grouse, yep meetin great guys like chief, bowers et all, Dave O, Dave & Son, John, Keith, Clinton & Scott who organized this great hunt is whut its all about! :D

Back