What's the plan of attack for you guy's???????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doohan said:
Tom....

when are YOU gonna get a WHITE ???

When someone gives me a good deal. I wonder if Chuck has any Super91's left???? He wont give me any good deals till i send him the $40.00 bucks i owe him. :oops: :)

Loggy:

I'm sure that there will be extra guns if you need one! (to use, that is... :D )

Blue-Dot-37.5

When someone gives me a good deal. I wonder if Chuck has any Super91's left????

No..I don't have any left! You're credits no good here anyway! :lol:

Just read this thread. Hope you guys all have a great time on the hunt. I just have one suggestion about gear and that's for Tom - please don't take TWO cameras.

Loggy said:
Look fwd to seein it Chief. Whuts Bower's opener gonna be? Hope the gun chosen resembles his name...screen name that is! :lol:

It might need to be one with multiple shot capabilities! :poke: :partyman:

Really, if Daniel will take a group for an evening hunt would anyone be interested? It would be like coon hunting only with a bit more adrenaline. How cool would that be? 8) Head lamps glaring, dog's baying, and dark shadows at the edge of light moving in all directions...wow... I still would not mind using a spear :wink:

Underclocked said:
Just read this thread. Hope you guys all have a great time on the hunt. I just have one suggestion about gear and that's for Tom - please don't take TWO cameras.

Isnt that the truth :lol: :lol:

Underclocked said:

Thanks UC. You should join in! I believe there are a few openings in Blue-Dot-37.5's group.

UC:

Private ground, no need to buy a license. You shouldn't have to walk very far if you hunt from a stand, but if you're like Grouse, you might have to run! :lol: The guides field dress and transport the hog from the field to the processor for you.

Besides, look at all the good food that you'd be missing!

Blue-Dot-37.5

What bullets are you guy's planning on using. I'm thinking a 250grn Bonded ShockWave with a MMP HPH12 sabot. I guess i will try the supplied sabot first. :wink: I know it's a HPH24 :D

I'm thinking maybe a 260 Platinum tip, or even better a 260 Platinum tip. :lol:

I'm just dead set on using a 260 Platinum tip. Who knows, I might just actually recover one finally. I've killed 7 deer with em and they ALWAYS blow through. :shock:

Oh yeah. I'll use HPH 12's. They load pretty snug.

300 gr. .458 dia Barnes "X" bullet I like the neat little "X" they leave in the hide as they exit. 8)

Blue-Dot-37.5

I heard through the grapevine that Ed Mehlig now has the capability of throwing a 495 grainer!! Does that mean Ed finally bot a BIG GAME .504 Caliber??? I aint tellin!! :lol:

This unexpected event (if true) likely resulted from a few past Lil .451 Caliber Hog/Deer Hits. Ed did gain some tremendous trackin skills though totin that squirrel gun! :lol:

Ed, if U pick this up ...maybe you could confirm! :)

:lol: Ole Ed held up much longer than I could of for sure after all the ribbing & his post .451 hit tracking endeavors!! :lol: :lol:

It's true guys, I finally gave in and got me a .504 Super91 thanks to Bob Bowers. But If I can swing going on the hog hunt, I'll be totin my .451 M98/Super Safari. I may bring the .504 along to back Loggy up if he brings his Flintlock T/C PA hunter along. I wouldn't want to hear the powder go pssst as his Hog is barreling down on him. :wink:

Latest posts

Back