Where do Ca shooters get Goex???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Search around your local area for Muzzleloader Clubs or Cowboy Action shooter groups. You may find black powder is availbale where these people shop or shoot. I have heard of black powder sometimes available to buy at shooting matches held by these types of groups. good luck

kg6ysf said:
I have thought about a cap lock however I like the flintlocks more rustic appeal. It uses a less refined action. I guess it's a little closer to the ol' Brown Bess with better ballistics. I guess I just like the flintlock better.

No, you missed the part that subs don't work well in a flintlock.

You're in a tough situation. You can only have 1lb of a powder you need to get reliable ignition.

You have one more option. Use Goex 3F for the pan, and then use a prime load of 10-20gr of Goex 3F for the main load. Then the rest of the main charge use Pyrodex 3F.

That way your 1 pound will last longer.

shgun: Good idea I will check into that.

Muley Hunter: OKay I got it. Sometimes my brain pops out of gear and it takes a while for me to get it back engaged. :wall:

You can try Pyrodex P as a main charge to see how it works. You may get slight delays depending how fast you can get the flame to it.

I'll remember that and give it a try. I haven't yet got my flintlock. This has all been preparatory for me. I have the info written in my notes though. Thanks for the help. I had a parachuting accident a few years ago that put me out of the service. And my memory has been so messed up since.
Any way that is why I do all the preparatory study and take so many notes. I always feel like I am back in college only without the parties. :evil:

LOL..Yeah, no parties isn't fun.

Glad to help. Fire away any question to come up with.

Latest posts

Back