Which 7mm-08 bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flats1

Reaction score
I just got a model 700 in 7mm-08 and I shot a box of remington coreloks in 120 gr and I was getting 1 in group at 100 yds. I'm going to order another brand to see if its more accurate and I wanted to know what brand I should get. What have you had good luck with? Thanks

A shooting and hunting buddy of mine is shooting the new Federal Fusion ammo with his 7, and he is getting some small groups. This is not expensive ammunition either.

jim

What are you planning on shooting with your 7mmO8? If I were just going to shoot whitetail/mule deer, I probably shoot the plain 'ol 140gr Remington Express Pointed SP Core-Lokt?. You'll be hard-pressed to beat that one. I use a 140gr Nosler Partition in my handloads and Federal offers that bullet in their Premium Vital Shock ammo. I shot several things with that including a good-sized black bear with zero problems.

I think the 7mm08 is one of the better choices out there these days!

Go with a 140gr or if you reload a 160/175 if your shots are not far.

If I was reloading for the -08 I would go with the 140 in a Partition.

Then get ready to buy another freezer :lol:

flats1 said:
Whitetails and hogs.

I would absolutely try the 140gr Nosler Partiton then either by handloading or try the Federal Premium Vital Shock. If you reload..W760 47-49gr is an AWESOME load! Try one of those FIRST! The 140gr Core-Lokt more than likely will do anything you want as well..

Latest posts

Back