Why you need an assault rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
1. Sometimes the world ain't a very nice place.

2. I am moving to east LA

3. Fill in the blanks______________ :D

3. The Rifleman got one & dont wunt to be outgunned!!! :lol:

Because John Kerry, Ted Kennedy, and Dianne Feinstein do not want us to have one!

Black rifle

Remember the "beltway sniper" from 3 years ago. Suburban Maryland was at a stand still ... I got a 3 week vacation out of it.

Maryland been trying to ban Black rifles ever since. Lost out pro- gun Govenor last election will likely go thru this time. The bill to ban "Assault weapons" just introduced into Md legislature last week...from a Brady family friend. What a surprise.

Homeland security issued Vietnam era m-16 to most of out police to carry in their cars...due to closeness to D.C. and mass transit systems going to and from D.C.

but we can't have one :twisted: :twisted:

"but we can't have one"

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a native pastor from Africa some years back. He had been a refuge and his daughter died from eating grass. She was so hungry and she ate it when no one was looking. She died from a bowel obstruction. I asked why was he a refuge. He talked about Gov't oppresion and rebels etc. I asked why were you running and not fighting. He said he had no weapon. I asked why. He said the Gov't did not allow him to have one. I replied to him that he was destined to never be a free man. He asked why. I told him, " Because you don't think like a free man."

The price of spritual freedom was paid for with the Blood of our Saviour.
The price of our political freedom is paid for with the blood of patriots.

The first was paid in full, the second is a never ending morgage.

:) WOW!!! You hit the ole bullseye there Rifleman! :yeah:

assault

Needing it isn't relevant. Your right - and I repeat - RIGHT - to own it is in the constitution.

No doubt it is a right, but having it is the only thing that guarentees that right still exists.

DSC01257.jpg

They make good calling rifles.

And JJ...yours is one of the better looking ones that's I've seen. I've always wanted a flat-top...I'm going to get one some day.

Speakin of flattops, the bushmaster super varminter and predator are both nice rifles. DPMS makes a real accurate flat top in 308 that is a great shooter, I am unsure though about its reliability as I have only shot one for a two sessions.
When it comes to assault rifles I tend to think of them in 2 classes.

Assault rifles- M16/AR15 and the AK's like the AK47,AK74, Valmet etc. Basically the light 5.56mm and medium 7.62x39.

Battle rifles- The FN/FAL, HK91,M14/M1A

Now there is a new class developing, such as the AR series of rifles in 6.8 etc. Bridges the gap somewhat.

I am not really in either camp as to which is best for all people/ all uses as their is a place for both types as well as the subgun, tactical shotgun and sniper rifle. However for myself I tend to favor the Battle rifles. I do won and shoot AR's and like them alot. However if you are hunting deer SIZED game, I think commonsense tells us that we need a cartridge up to the job.

I really like the new FN SCAR, however it may be some time, if ever a semi auto civilian version will be available. I'll take mine in 308, thank you very much.
While on cartridges, I think the search for a new cartridge is stupid. The 223 is too light, the 308 too heavy ( in the opinion of some). So they try to create stuff like the 6.8. Well the problem with that cartridge is max effective range, too short.
A .243 with a 100 gr would be ideal. Put it in a M16/AR15 config, change the gas system to a piston, and you would be well equipped.
Which is why I like the new FN SCAR. Basically they took all the good features from the current crop of assault/battle rifles, threw out the bad, used the new manufacturing techniques and materials available, and built what appears to be one HECK of a rifle.

Latest posts

Back