06 Turkey Hunting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elkstalkr

Reaction score
Anybody been out Turk hunting yet?

I already hit Oklahoma. Got my two birds there. Season starts Saturday here in NE. Been putting a flock to bed everynight. Hopefully they'll cooperate on Saturday.

I have been out the past 3 days while I have seen turkeys no shooting yet.
This morning I had a Fisher come in to the call. That is the first one I have ever seen. His tracks were all over the place during the winter though.
Ken

Redclub, If you have been seeing that guys tracks all over all winter and he is coming up on you while your calling I think I would go to another spot where he isnt fishing. :lol: :lol: :lol: Luck to you!!!

elkstalkr said:

PA Spring Turkey opens 4/29. I plan to hunt Monday-Thursday following week. Based on what I saw last Fall & over winter months into Spring i am optimistic!

Loggy said:
elkstalkr said:

PA Spring Turkey opens 4/29.

What a late season. :shock: We've been in full swing here in the south for a couple of weeks, some states since the middle of March. :) I guess the good part is that you'll still be huntin after ours is closed. :wink:

2nd season in Iowa

2nd has started, but I have decided to hunt #3 & #4. Scouting this AM got me pumped. I am trying to find an easy- in easy-out spot for my old buddy Dick. 20 steps from where I parked and camo'd this, I hit the crow call and just like that a tom gobbled back. It was close enough that I just got back in truck and left the place. That bird has Dick's name written all over him. The other tract was a couple miles away. There were 3 gobbling right off the bat and then a 4th started in. All I did there was listen to them. At 6:30 I was ready to head for a third spot, but discovered a couple of hens in trees nearby. AFter 10 minutes I decided to move and that bumped them. What a great sport!
BR's from the cob pile.

Massachusetts won't be open until April 24th. But I have been seeing them out here and there. Dad and I will do some scouting for a good set up in a week or so.

I think that season opens on the 2th here. I do know that I am ready to get out and bust a bird. Just gotta wait a little while longer before attempting it.

Well I passed on a Jake and now I am empty handied, :cry: season is over ,however in a month I will get another chance as I have tags for the 5th and 6 th season. :lol:
That fisher and I will meet again this winter (trapping season) and he will be on my wall :p
Ken

You Goobers don't know what you've been missing. :p The season opened here March 15. I've already killed 4 I need 1 more bird for my limit. :D

snuffy said:
You Goobers don't know what you've been missing. :p The season opened here March 15. I've already killed 4 I need 1 more bird for my limit. :D

A good friend of mine wanted me to come over to his place in Hamilton, Al. and thin'em out for him but I just haven't had the time to get to far away from work. One thing I know he does have a bunch of bird cause I saw them while deer hunting there last year. :wink:

Filled my first tag yesterday, opening day was the 15 of april. This bird had four beard all about 5 inches long,7/8" spurs and weighed 22 lbs. What a great day!!

Redclub said:
Well I passed on a Jake and now I am empty handied, :cry: season is over ,however in a month I will get another chance as I have tags for the 5th and 6 th season. :lol:
That fisher and I will meet again this winter (trapping season) and he will be on my wall :p
Ken

Same here, I called in a jake with a 5 inch beard to about 15 feet away last Tuesday. I let him pass me on my right side and then called back from behind me on the left side. He was looking everywhere, fun to play with but not a shooter. Then the weather got to record highs late last week and the birds did work much.

One thing about turkey season is that I always see alot critters. This year so far it has been 3 raccoons, 1 bobcat, 1 coyote and too many deer to mention.

Went out this morning to find the source of all the racket...

I got to talkin with two old hens who decided to join me and look what followed em' in! :)

Oh well, there's always 4th season :lol:

In a way I always hate to stop early. Ya know? :(

I did find a mushroom as well so maybe I'll just go shrooooomin' :D

06Turkey.jpg

Nice bird Spitpatch. :applause:
Will you say ?Magilla? Turkey. :lol:
With that bird you may get ?Big Turkey ?06? sign.

Good luck Pat.

Thanks Nug...

The bird and I just turned 54 last month... :D

I guess we're both a little on the tough side. :shock: :lol:

Saw the video of the hog hunt. Wish I could have been there to meet ya!

Looked like oodles and scads o' fun.

Back