... 100 yards W/ NEW MR............

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer1

Reaction score
:sunny:
Saturday was as good as they come. Temp was hovering around 45/48*s with no wind to speak of under a blue, sunny sky. Great day to be at the range. I wanted to try a few of the bullets that I shot from the 50 last week to see how they turned out here at the 100 and these are the results. 
IMG_0937_zpsu0efdft1.jpg
IMG_0938_zpsipjayzwm.jpg
IMG_0946_zpslr6g507i.jpg

IMG_0949_zpsubxiqdxo.jpg

First target, 1st shot is right at the edge of the white sheet of paper. I aimed dead on just to see how much the bullets would drop and it wasn't much. I then adjusted and the next 3 shots made a nice group. Those bullets are the Harvester PT GOLDS in 300 grain with EZ Load sabots......Next target was with 4 PX'S. They didn't group as well as last week but I might of changed sabots from last week and didn't realize it. The XP's were the 250 grain with the crushed sabot............The next target is the same target but with the holes patched up. There's another 3 shot group just to the right of the 1st group and they were with the 300 GRAIN CF'S. They to gave me a really tight group. I used the orange sabot that Dave sent me along with the bullets.
As you can see there are 5 hits toward the top of the white sticker. THOSE WERE THE BARNES BULLETS. I then hung another target to try and see what was wrong..............The number sequence tells the story here. I had to play around a little more with
this bullet in order to get shots 7 ,8, 9, 10, and 11 to where i wanted them at 100. 
Next time out the bullets that I plan on working with will be the MONO'S, BARNES and PT GOLD'S. (Maybe the cheapest bullet will give me the best results with this new MR)  :?: :?: :?: The charge as always is 110 grains Black horn and Fiocchi Primers.
It was great day to be there at the range and making SMOKE :!: :!: 

Ray......... :shooter:

Ray that is some great shooting, and some times we ahve days like that, when nothing goes the way you want. As far as the PT's 300 gr. they did great. Now as the XP's 250 go, stay with the EZ load black sabots and also for the Barnes TEZ 250 gr. thye shoot a lot better with this sabots. Great shooting, and go back out there and do it all over again.
Carlos

Ray, nice shooting and report. Some times you need to play around with different sabots to find what works best. In both of my MR'S they like the harvester black smooth sabots best with 5 different bullets (451 and 452) other wise the MMP orange sabot for the 458 bullets.

Dave

:Red tup:

Thanks for the replies gents. Next week end it's the battle of.....MONO'S vs Barnes vs PT GOLD's 300's .....I'll mix and match sabots to find the best combo that works. I know this though, those Mono's at 50 yards are hard to beat. Time will tell......... :scratch:

Ray............ :shooter:

Great shooting Ray. As Carlos said, we all have those days when it just doesn't go as we want, but that just gives us an excuse to get out there & shoot some more :)

Keep us posted, Greg

Latest posts

Back