#11 cap shortage????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to get some #11 caps this morning and was told they haven't been able to order them in over a year! This is in the Denver area but this particular gun shop doesn't carry a big supply of muzzleloader stuff. Has anyone else had trouble getting these? Anyone know of a source where they can be ordered or any other places that might carry them like Cabelas or Bass Pro or ? This is getting ridiculous!

Yea. It's a problem.

I've been able to pick up a pack here and there over the past few months. The problem with ordering off line is the hazmat charge. Your best bet is to look around locally. They are availible in now and again.

My local gun shop is out! But called the Basspro in San Antonio and they have plenty of Remington #11s. I usually shoot CCI magnum #11s, but beggers can't be choosey. My wife happens to be going right by there tomorrow, so I better have her pick up a couple of tins for me.

I have to make a trip south in the near future and where I am headed they have a Gander Mountain. So I will stop there and pick some up. What is impossible to find around me is .22 caliber shells. I think the store employees are grabbing them up for friends or something. I asked the Wal Mart person what if I ordered some on line and had them delivered to the store. He just said.. I don't think they do that. But I am going to check into it more.

I have a great supply of CCI #11 mags but I like to pick up some to use for cleaning. Those don't need to be the mags but WOW. I found some RWS and they were 10.00 per 100!
I won't be rushing out to get more any time soon.

I just payed 8.95 for 100 CCI #11`s, 11.95 a tin for RWS musket caps ths week... ordered online.. my gunshop has been telling me for 8 months that he has a order in... talked to a rep at CCI and they said they sent out 2 huge shipments to distributors in Mar-April, obviously my gunshops distributor forgot him.. rep said he had no idea when next shipment would be going out.

My buddy picked me up 100 at Bass Pro on Wed. and they only had Rem's and Winchester. So I got the Win's. I think they were around $8. I prefer the CCI's but beggars can't be choosey!

The Winchester Magnum are the CCI Magnum. Just a different card in the package. I purchased about ten tins last time and some of the cards were mistakes and listed both brands.

Are the Win Magnum BP the same? I just picked them up from my buddy and they are labeled as Magnum Black Powder (BP). I thought these are designed to be used with BH209 and similar. Anyway, I've always used the CCI mags and not sure if anyone has used these before as I know a different cap can sometimes give different results.

I've had some CCI #11's on order for over a month and still waiting. I do have over 1800 in stock, but if it is going to take a year to get some, ya need to plan ahead.

Back