#11 caps

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but one has to buy what they can when they can. Wally here had none last time I was in it. I bought 2 packs and left one at Gander.

Its called price gouging in some case and inflation in others. It puts a kink in our local "WANT TO BE" resellers. I see their ads in the trader mag all the time. I hope they learn to regret their actions. "BAD KARAMA" Folks have even pawned ammo at the Pawn Shops. I have enough to get me by. But I learned a lesson when I passed up shotgun primers at Cabalas and some clown purchased them all. A 1000 in a box and 7-10 boxes.. Makes for good trading material and maybe new friends.
The price was 9.99 and with the discount just over 7.00.
The only difference between a padded cell and a padded envelope is if you get caught.

Never hunted Caledon. I used to hunt private land in King George County years ago but that gentlemen has passed. I hunt in Sussex and Dinwiddie counties down south. I lived in the Tidewater area for nearly all my adult life and some friends and I bought property in those counties back in the 80's. Its a 150 mile drive one way but i trust my life with these guys and we all know each others quirks and its a good time. I usually spend the 2 weeks of blackpowder and 2 weeks of bow season there. The house, hot water, satellite TV and my trailer makes it very enjoyable. 😁

Two years ago I brought 4 cans of 100 of RWS #11 primers. I think it will last me as long as I'm going to shot muzzleloaders. Got that many because they were getting hard to find. They cost me $9.99 each and that has been the going price I've seen since.

Two years ago I brought 4 cans of 100 of RWS #11 primers. I think it will last me as long as I'm going to shot muzzleloaders. Got that many because they were getting hard to find. They cost me $9.99 each and that has been the going price I've seen since.

The RWS (German) 1075 PLUS Caps have been much more expensive than CCi for as long as i have been in Muzzleloading, They are at least double the price of CCi Magnum caps around these parts. RWS 1075 PLUS are 11-12 Dollars per 100, and CCi are 4-5 Dollars per 100

I just bought 200 from CAL Ranch in St. George for about $8 a tin. They’re Winchester Magnum caps. Never tried them before. Plastic ring caps will do in a pinch though. I don’t know how reliable the ignition would be, but they do set off a Pyrodex charge in my White.

I keep looking and then forgetting about finding some of those red cap rings. I would be interested to see if they ignite Pyrodex in my Thunderhawk or Black Diamond.

I keep looking and then forgetting about finding some of those red cap rings. I would be interested to see if they ignite Pyrodex in my Thunderhawk or Black Diamond.
Try it, I bet they will. Shooting real black, I bet they’d ignite off a sidelock.

Darn it, had the wife out driving me around so I don't go crazy after the knee operation and forgot once again! Jeez louise, what a rock I am lately!!

The RWS (German) 1075 PLUS Caps have been much more expensive than CCi for as long as i have been in Muzzleloading, They are at least double the price of CCi Magnum caps around these parts. RWS 1075 PLUS are 11-12 Dollars per 100, and CCi are 4-5 Dollars per 100
$150.00 a thou 3 weeks ago /believe you know him /Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back