....... 1st season hunt ..........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer

Reaction score
:D

Well gents I just got back so I thought I would post this picture of my deer.
sightingin30April11064-2.jpg
sightingin30April11062-6.jpg

The weather was cold in the mornings but by 10 it warmed up some and made it comfortable. I sat in the blind from dark to dark and didn't see anything the first day. Second day I sat from dark to 1 hour before dark and this doe walked out and now she is in the freezer.
The 275 gr Parker Ballistic Extreme pushed by 110 grains of Blackhorn and the Fiocchi Primer started it all dropped the doe in her tracks. She was less then 50 yards and never new what hit her. Bullet passed thru both lungs and she never moved. In a few days I'll be going for 2nd season. Maybe a big guy will walk out this time............

Ray...... :wink:

Congratulations on a nice doe... that will make a lot of great meals.

Now go shoot a big old buck!

Congrats, thats the best way to do it. Get meat in the freezer then wait for horns!

Nice, looks like my deer. I was down with 3 other hunters on a friend's lease N of Peoria. We took about 5 does, an 8 & 10 & 2 coyotes. I just took one doe. The only real 'shooter' buck I saw was was 300+ yards away for about 15 min. I had deer between us & with terrain so trying to get closer wasn't an option.

I saw a good number of sub-shooters, including a small 9 ptr right under one stand.

Years ago I bought my relative a Knight Extreme, after his other was burnt in a fire. He's used it for years & likes it. This year he had a BIG shooter at 30 yards. He went to put it down, "click". His secondary safety had gotten partially screwed in as he carried the gun. Needless to say, the gun didn't fire & the buck walked off. He ended up getting a slightly smaller large 8.

We had talked about the need to check things over & ensure the secondary safety was unscrewed all the way. I do use mine at times. Either way he shouldn't forget it again.

On my one shot my Knight did perform superbly. I do plan to be down for at least the 1st 2 days of the next IL season. I still have a buck tag & some M-L anterless tags.

Congrats, thats the best way to do it. Get meat in the freezer then wait for horns!

+1, My thoughts exactly! Congrads on the nice Doe they are great eating.

Back