2 New .45 Cal Bullets, Wide Meplats

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
Edmehlig and i ended up with 2 New Accurate Bullet Molds, Actually Ed Started it ALL, and i Followed :rolleyes: I’m weak, and easily Persuaded, Especially when it comes to .45 Cal Bullets/Molds :)

These will Both make AWESOME Hunting Bullets, Big Wide Meplat, Game HAMMERS :lewis:

Both Bullets Standing Beside Eachother, Ed’s Bullet on the Left, Mine on the Right. Ed’s is .930 Long, with a .340 Meplat. I chose to use the EXACT same Bullet Body, Just a Slight Change in the Nose. I extended mine to 1” Long, My Bullet’s Meplat is .325
qX8HJD3l.jpg

Ed’s New Bullet, Accurate Molds #45-380M
XGEp3CUl.jpg

Ed’s Bullets are Cast of 1-40 Alloy and Pure Lead Mixture, These Bullets Measure 7-7.5 BHN on My Cabin Tree Lead Hardness Tester
w3R4Dztl.jpg

Ed’s Bullet, 5 Shot Group at 55 Yards
9UKcJcKl.jpg

This is my New Bullet, Both Bullets have the EXACT same Body, Just a Different Nose/Profile.
OZlOHr2l.jpg

My Bullet Cast of Certified PURE Lead
jyKUFCul.jpg

5 Shot Group with my Bullet, 55 Yards
izHELg7l.jpg

I have a Paper Patch Version (Very similar) of this New Bullet that i had Made Long ago

Bullet on the Left, The Parent Bullet was a .460 S&W, I had several Changes made, And for it to Drop at .443 So i could Paper Patch it
Lu3ytHTm.jpg

It shoots REALLY WELL :lewis: This is Funny for me to look back on, This was in my VERY Beginning of Muzzleloading, I shot this 3 Shot Group (Open sights) and was Proud as Pete of it :) this was with my GM LRH 45 Cal, 1-30 Twist
k4j9Ssil.jpg

I had 4 Of these to Shoot, But I didn’t DARE Shoot the 4th one and Chance Ruining the Perfect Little Clover leaf Group i had just Shot, So i took a Picture of the 3 Shot Group, Then Re-Loaded and Shot the 4th one, As you can See the 4th Shot didn’t Hurt my Group Much :lewis: BUT Back in this Time i had a LOT of NOT SO GREAT Outings (I was learning, ON MY OWN) I wasn’t about to Ruin this one! :roll:
Mcb80lOl.jpg

Both of those bullets should perform great in a 1-30" twist LRH. Love the wide metplat.

Latest posts

Back