200 gr. Shockwave???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Omega pushes a 200 gr. Shockwave at a tad over 2100 fps with 110 grs. of Triple Se7en ffg. The 200 gr. Shockwaves that I have recovered in the dirt at the target range were still intact and in better shape than the 250 gr. SST's that I've recovered from the dirt. I definitely wouldn't be afraid to use them on whitetail deer, especially if you take your shots in the heart/lung area. Here is a deer my nephew shot last fall using my Omega and the 200 gr. Shockwave. I'd say it performed just fine and wouldn't hesitate to use it again.
IMGP0333.jpg

I definitely wouldn't be afraid to use them on whitetail deer, especially if you take your shots in the heart/lung area.

Absolutely! I guess the part of Hulions original question was:

I think this bullet will be plenty for the deer here in Florida but what about big wild hogs?

I'm just thinking most of the hog shots I've seen have been CLOSE and velocity will be high and shot placement on a moving hog...not perfect. Also they have that thick chest plate to shoot thru...

Thanks again big6x6. I'll probably just work up two different loads and use the 250gr. bullet when I'm in the swamp and have a chance of running into a big porker. If I used the same powder charge, how much difference do you think their would be between the two 200 and 250gr bullets at 100 yards?

I have a CVA OPtima Elite on order and have already bought these sabot rounds. What is the actual caliber size of these. I can't find them listed anywhere. If the acurracy is not up to par I was thinking about trying the crush rib sabot if there is one that will work well with it.

Back