2010 Mulie

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greatbasin

Reaction score
I got out yesterday and took the Knight Bighorn into the mountains. Nothing big, just another day in paradise

IMG_0091crp.jpg

100 gr. BH 209
245 gr Spitfire MZ
75 yd. offhand shot
30 yds. to recovery

Deer

Very nice, Love the length on those back tines. Lets us have the story
Wayles

Nice deer. Now lets have the story. Congratulations on the deer.

Well I hunted about 5 miles up a mountain back off a motorcycle trail,
and eventhough the habitat was great, I didn't see much for deer. Then about 15 seconds before this buck stood up I said to my self "this is where it's all gonna happen" and it did! I could just feel it.

Anyway, I took as much meat as I could carry out that evening but had to leave the hind quarters for a second trip the next morning. Much to my disbelief I returned to find that two bears had come in overnight and completely cleaned the kill site :cry: The quarters, the gutball, and the boned out carcass all gone! :shock: Nothing left behind but poops and tracks! I have shot alot of animals in Idaho, and in this area and this is the first time I've returned to find my kill scavenged. It was very disapointing but that's life and death in the wild I guess and at least I got one load of about 50 lbs. out. All in all, still a great hunt and an interesting story.

BurnsScout said:
What part of ID are you in GB? Nice deer, what tme of the year is your ML hunt for bucks?

Thanks. I'm in Boise.
This unit only has a general "any weapon" rifle season and that's why I can use a scoped muzzleloader. All of the "muzzleloader only" hunts in Idaho are limited to open sighted rifles. General any weapon hunts in southern Idaho run through most of Oct...depending on the exact unit.

Latest posts

Back