209 primer, break action smoothbore.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at the Huntsman series of shortguns and rifles.. The Basic H&A design made into Muzzle Loading firearms.

Respect Always
Metalshaper/Jonathan

Got one of the zipline adapters ($50) and put it in a $99 pawn shop single shot. Done.

Yes

I was thinking about finding a threaded Breech plug and making a permanent type.

That would be the ideal way to do it... And after fighting with a fixed full choke, I'd recommend either chopping or honing out the barrels to true cylinder. Follow skychief's shotload recipe and you can still get great tight patterns with a cylinder bore/straight tube....

FWIW by "fine"-ish I meant that it all worked, but you need to have a primer in when you dump your powder down the bore otherwise it will just fall through the flash channel and onto ground/into receiver.

That would be the ideal way to do it... And after fighting with a fixed full choke, I'd recommend either chopping or honing out the barrels to true cylinder. Follow skychief's shotload recipe and you can still get great tight patterns with a cylinder bore/straight tube....

FWIW by "fine"-ish I meant that it all worked, but you need to have a primer in when you dump your powder down the bore otherwise it will just fall through the flash channel and onto ground/into receiver.
Yes my thoughts too , honing it out to cylinder and using Skychiefs shotload. Yes right about the primer before powder.

Back