240gr. .44 lead swc for practice?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnpb

Reaction score
Has anyone shot the 240gr. .44 SWC (Semi-wad cutter) using Harvester or some other sabot for plinking with good results? I went to the sporting goods store near me today to get some bullets and the only thing that they had were these in a 500ct. box. It would be a very cheap way to practice if they would shoot, $42.50 a box. I didn't get them but just wanted to know. Thanks.

Yes, I used to use them all the time, they will shoot well if your gun likes them and you keep the load down they work well in my Thunderhawk with the green 50/44 sabot but if you try to load them over 100gr RS they deform[ extreme upset] and become erratic. I don't use them much any more as I like to practice with the same loads I use for hunting. Lee

Been shooting .430 semi-wadcutters for years using a variety of sabots. Got those bullets years ago for about $23 for 500. They are just as accurate as the 240 grain .430 XTP that i use for hunting. The semi-wadcutters make nice round holes in the target too.

Latest posts

Back