2F to Pyrodex conversion

Help Support Modern Muzzleloader:

Bushfire

G'day all,

I'm unable to fly with blackpowder and all ill be able to use up north is Pyrodex. BP is available but the guide is worried it will start fires and will only supply Pyrodex.

Is there a rough conversion between Wano 2F and Pyrodex? Hopefully I can whip up a quick load without wasting too much hunting time.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Just use 2 -50 gr pellets and you will be fine.
Why would he want to do that when he can get RS? Pellets cost more and you can not adjust your load nearly as well. I cant imagine why anyone would want to use pellets when loose powder is available. Considering this is also the "sidelock" section i would have to assume its for a sidelock and generally speaking pellets would be a really bad choice in a sidelock.

Bushfire

There are no pellets in this country firstly, secondly I don't know if we can get RS only know of Pyrodex P here.

Okie Hog

There are no pellets in this country firstly, secondly I don't know if we can get RS only know of Pyrodex P here.
Pyrodex P is considerable more powerful than Wano. 80-85 measured grains of Pyrodex P is easily equal to 100 measured grains of Wano.

deermanok

Supporter
Supporter
The P stands for pistol. RS, rifle/shotgun. P is more or less a 3f powder equivalent. The RS is a 2f equivalent. You can use P in your rifle no problem. Might be a better option for a side hammer gun.

Bushfire

Pyrodex P is considerable more powerful than Wano. 80-85 measured grains of Pyrodex P is easily equal to 100 measured grains of Wano.
Yeah that's been my concern. I've got a five day hunt, and I'm going to have to develop a load while I'm up there. The local shop here can't get in pyrodex so I can't do one prior either.

bluemule66

I used to shoot my CVA 50. With 90gr. Of RS or P. Patched round ball would keep groups under 3 inches at a 100 yds all day. Make sure to keep a good nipple on your gun. Pyrodex is a little harder to light up than black.