32 Caliber fast twist

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GUN NUT

Reaction score
Is it possible to get good accuracy in a 32 cal with 1/10 twist from any bullet or bullet with a patch .Will the bullet with patch skip the rifling in a fast twist

Is it possible to get good accuracy in a 32 cal with 1/10 twist from any bullet or bullet with a patch .Will the bullet with patch skip the rifling in a fast twist
If you get ‘skipping?’ Lighten up on the powder, or switch to a bullet-to-bore load, conical or ball that doesn't need a patch. The patch is going to be the weakest link in a fast twist. Use a much tighter one or delete it altogether.

If you get ‘skipping?’ Lighten up on the powder, or switch to a bullet-to-bore load, conical or ball that doesn't need a patch. The patch is going to be the weakest link in a fast twist. Use a much tighter one or delete it altogether.
Thanks Has anyone done this before with any success

Thanks Has anyone done this before with any success
I dont shoot round balls in long guns, but .457 round balls in my revolver, a .45 with a 1:20” twist barrel shoots amazingly well. No patch just a ball on 25gr of T7. Again, not a rifle, it has a ‘forcing cone’ that the bullets goes thru entering the barrel from the cylinder.
Now youve got me thinking about trying RBs in one of my long guns.

I dont shoot round balls in long guns, but .457 round balls in my revolver, a .45 with a 1:20” twist barrel shoots amazingly well. No patch just a ball on 25gr of T7. Again, not a rifle, it has a ‘forcing cone’ that the bullets goes thru entering the barrel from the cylinder.
Now youve got me thinking about trying RBs in one of my long guns.
I say try it

The faster the twist rate the longer the projectile need to be to keep contact with the rifling..if I was building a 32 cal muzzleloader id go with a slower twist to shoot round balls..1/48” or slower..if shooting conicals or sabotless jacketed bullets i could see the 1/10” twist coming into play..but for paper and small game the round ball in a slower twist rate would be perfect

The faster the twist rate the longer the projectile need to be to keep contact with the rifling..if I was building a 32 cal muzzleloader id go with a slower twist to shoot round balls..1/48” or slower..if shooting conicals or sabotless jacketed bullets i could see the 1/10” twist coming into play..but for paper and small game the round ball in a slower twist rate would be perfect
THX a friend has the rifle already but can not shoot any longer due to health I was just thinking It might be fun to have if it would stabilize some weight bullet for punching paper and squirrels

THX a friend has the rifle already but can not shoot any longer due to health I was just thinking It might be fun to have if it would stabilize some weight bullet for punching paper and squirrels
Also I dont want to waste the money if it wont be a good shooter with some bullet load combo

I believe the 1in30 in TC also had to do with the maxi ball factor. My green mountain in32 is 1 in 48

Latest posts

Back