.45 Knight Disc

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dougs136Schwartz

Reaction score
I'm just curious what all twist rates were made for the .45 Knight Disk Extreme or LRH . I thought I heard someone say they made them in a 20,26,28 and 30 ? Is that correct ? I would like to play with a 26 or 28 twist if they were ever made.

Re: .45 Knight Disk

Dougs136Schwartz said:
I'm just curious what all twist rates were made for the .45 Knight Disk Extreem or LRH . I thought I heard someone say they made them in a 20,26,28 and 30 ? Is that correct ? I would like to play with a 26 or 28 twist if they were ever made.

Re: .45 Knight Didk

They are all 1-30 except for some of the Target Model Extremes. Toby claims he had or saw a 1-24 prototype but ive only heard of those in old MK85s. The Target models were bull barrel 1-18s just like the new 500. I think most were Extremes but ive heard some were LRH Target models. The 2006 catalog lists the 1-18 as DISC Extreme Target (DE658B TARGET)

http://images.ebsco.com/pob/knightrifle ... g-ver2.pdf

Other than the Target version ive never heard of a Knight 45cal LRH. Ive only seen 50cal and 52cal.

Dougs136Schwartz said:
I'm just curious what all twist rates were made for the .45 Knight Disk Extreme or LRH . I thought I heard someone say they made them in a 20,26,28 and 30 ? Is that correct ? I would like to play with a 26 or 28 twist if they were ever made.

Dougs136Schwartz said:

Generally... 1-20 Twists occured in the Knight 'Original DISC' 45 cal rifles - called Super DISC's - later the rate was changed to 1-30
*Serial number change for the .45 twist rate was anything prior to #2291 on mild steel and #5043 on stainless were 1:20 twist.
1-26 Twists occured in the Knight 52 cal offerings
1-28 Twists occured in the Knight 50 cal offerings - there was a sample run of 1-24 twist 50's made a few years back - maybe 10 rifles
1-30 Twists started during the later production runs of the Super DISC's and continued through the other 45 cal models until recently.

As Scott mention there has been 1-18 twist rates around for a long time in specialized target rifles - probably occured during the time the White Rifles was winning at NMRLA's -

BTW, Woodsman Arms Patriot is offered in a 45cal 1-24 using a McGowen barrel if you want to try a ready to go rifle....They aint cheap though ($900)and its a break action.

Thanks guys . I knew about the 18 twist target rifles also knew about the 1-20 disk. I was hoping Knight made a 1-26 or 1-28 just to experiment with . I'm curious how far a 1-28 twist .45 will shoot accurately. Doubt I could get anything to shoot better than the old 1-20 disk or the new 1-20 Mountaineers . They both shoot better than I can shoot

Dougs136Schwartz said:
Thanks guys . I knew about the 18 twist target rifles also knew about the 1-20 disk. I was hoping Knight made a 1-26 or 1-28 just to experiment with . I'm curious how far a 1-28 twist .45 will shoot accurately. Doubt I could get anything to shoot better than the old 1-20 disk or the new 1-20 Mountaineers . They both shoot better than I can shoot

If I remember correctly TC produced 1-28 twist 45s

I have some of the 1-20 and 1-28 TCs . I have a serious muzzleloader problem ! Only brand I dont have much of is CVA . Was not that many years ago CVA was considered junk . Not any more they also build a good rifle

Lol like I said I have a serious muzzleloader problem I have one of those rifles also .

Thank you guys . I'm only wanting to play with Knight rifles . I was just curious if Knight ever built a .45 with a 1-24,1-26 or1-28 twist barrel . Sounds like they did not . Not a big deal I highly doubt anything will shoot better than the current 1-20 Mountaineer that is being built at the present time . Just wanted to do a little experimenting.

Back