.45 Kodiak BH209 hangfire round 3

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowbender6

Reaction score
I had cleaned the gun and drilled out the breech plug. Loaded it for my daughter. She had a deer come by Wed night and decided to shoot. I heard the shot and it sounded funny. She said she could see the bullet go towards the deer. The next day I tried three shots ? all hangfires and I know every thing is clean and sabot is tight fit. I decided to change from Win209A to a Federal primer. I have shot six shots over the next couple of days- no hangfires. I had this same thing happen with a CVA Mag Hunter. In the Mag Hunter the Win 209A primer would come out in two pieces. The Fed held together. Maybe the fit is better or there is blowback through the Win209A primer. Any thought or similar experiences? I am hoping this fixes my daughters hangfire problem

I use Winchester W209 primers (the blue box) and never had any problems when shoot BlackHorn 209. I really don't know what to tell you, but if you changed primers and it solved your problems I would think you're good to go. Thats a shame about your daughter getting a shot and then the primer did that.

She ws okay with it, It was a small buck and she had passed on a lot of bucks so far, but she wanted to shoot something. We still a have a month left.

Back