45 or 50 Ultralite

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally decided to try the 200gr .40 SST's out in my Accura V2 .45 this yr & was thrilled to find them for 12.00 per pk. They didn't group well IMO with the MMP sabots & I never found a single sabot between my bench & even the 50yd target, none. I got LBCR's & kept pushin them with 84gr BH209 2360 avvg mv sub moa on paper out to 200yds all great, or so I thought. I put a shot on a quartering away shot 60-70yds the shot broke exiting shoulder, it ran 80yds, stopped a few sec then ran off another 200-300yds thru the thick pine forrest I never found it after over 7hrs looking. Then a wk later I put one of my fav shots - high behind shoulder & below the backstraps, normally even with under weight, under performing PB's was a bang/flop shot and this shot at maybe 35yds, it took off for the county line & never slowed down that I could ever find. So them 200gr SST's from now on can punch paper or these dang armadillos, but no more deer & dang sure wouldn't shoot a pig or a black bear with them either. Not after what I just saw & did.
Sounds like power belt performance, i have a bunch of them laying around, guess i best not use them for hunting

Back