.475 Hawk Bullets and 50 cal x .475 Harvester Sabots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peteo

Reaction score
Anybody shot any of these yet? 350 grain jacketed, blue harvester sabot. Saw them on ebay for sale.
http://www.hawkbullets.com/

They have them in 265 and 300 hp and fn style in .475, .458, .4515.

I talked to Hawk bullets back in 2002 about using their .475 bullets in Harvester sabots. I've had 100 of the Havester .50/.475 sabots for a few years and have never gotten around to trying them out. One of the problems was they are the older formulation plastic (Harvester didin't update formulation till late 2004) and probly would not take the pressure of a good smokeless load so I picked up some MMP sub-bases to go with them. Toby Bridges tried some out with BP sub and posted over on his website he had pretty good luck with them. Harvester does not list the .50/.475 sabot on their website anymore but Hawk still has them and I think Cabelas still has them listed. The Knight .52 cal rifles used saboted .475 bullets but with the thinner petals should be more accurate out of a .50 cal. Might not be the best for long range whitetail but could be a excellant big game bullet where you could use the higher SD of a .475 bullet.

Back