.50 Cal TC Renegade STOCK 1:48 Twist Bullet Test (The i Bullet)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
Well guy’s yesterday was the Stock 1:48 Twist .54 Cal “i Bullet” Test, So I decided to Test my new ”i Bullet“ in the Stock 1:48 Twist .50 Cal TC Renegade This Morning :lewis:

Accurate Molds #50-415i, The .50 Cal “i“ Bullet
sm9FnAe.jpg

bkfnqsT.jpg

.50/.54 Stock 1:48 Twist ”Switch Rig” Simply “Plug & Play”
3PwcGme.jpg

This right here amazed me, After swapping Barrels from .54 to .50, I fouled the .50, then Put 1 Shot on Yesterdays .54 Target, it literally went through the .54 Group, Pretty Darn Cool 😎 Not Something you will see everyday that’s for sure! No sight adjustments needed here

Yesterday’s .54 Cal Group
d6Qdu46.jpg

And here is where my 1st test Shot with the .50 Cal Barrel went, Can’t get much closer than this :) A True .50/.54 “Switch Rig”
JLyIn7S.jpg

5 Shot Group. The .50 Cal “i Bullet“ Shot very well in the Stock 1:48 Twist TC Renegade. This Bullet is a WINNER in all 3 Calibers. 45/.50/ and .54 :lewis:
DuwzohJ.jpg

You're right...Don't get much better than that! Good thing Green Mountain Barrels stopped making the 1-28 LRH before you started showing how good the 1-48 can shoot a proper correctly fitted bullet. They would have had a couple "representatives" visit you in the dark with a ball bat!:roll: Nice shooting my friend....Merry Christmas to you and the Family. That goes for ALL The Modern Muzzy Family.

Well guy’s yesterday was the Stock 1:48 Twist .54 Cal “i Bullet” Test, So I decided to Test my new ”i Bullet“ in the Stock 1:48 Twist .50 Cal TC Renegade This Morning :lewis:

Accurate Molds #50-415i, The .50 Cal “i“ Bullet
sm9FnAe.jpg

bkfnqsT.jpg

.50/.54 Stock 1:48 Twist ”Switch Rig” Simply “Plug & Play”
3PwcGme.jpg

This right here amazed me, After swapping Barrels from .54 to .50, I fouled the .50, then Put 1 Shot on Yesterdays .54 Target, it literally went through the .54 Group, Pretty Darn Cool 😎 Not Something you will see everyday that’s for sure! No sight adjustments needed here

Yesterday’s .54 Cal Group
d6Qdu46.jpg

And here is where my 1st test Shot with the .50 Cal Barrel went, Can’t get much closer than this :) A True .50/.54 “Switch Rig”
JLyIn7S.jpg

5 Shot Group. The .50 Cal “i Bullet“ Shot very well in the Stock 1:48 Twist TC Renegade. This Bullet is a WINNER in all 3 Calibers. 45/.50/ and .54 :lewis:
DuwzohJ.jpg

Man that is a good looking bullet! Shoot pretty darn good to I'd say. I have to say thank you! I saw some of your videos, and it lead me here. So I joined up!

Awesome groups Lewis. I’ll be ordering that mold for my pre warning .50 renegade. Probably will keep stock the sights unless I can find something better than the front “blade” sight.

Placed my order for this mold this afternoon. Can't wait to break it in and with any luck and guidance from this board and its members be able to post groups like Lewis to back all his hard work up.

Awesome groups Lewis. I’ll be ordering that mold for my pre warning .50 renegade. Probably will keep stock the sights unless I can find something better than the front “blade” sight.

This is a Good Bullet my friend! You won’t go wrong with it :lewis: An Old ”Pre Warning“ Huh? AWESOME!! I’ll help ya in anyway i can to get that thing Shooting LIGHTS OUT:lewis:

Placed my order for this mold this afternoon. Can't wait to break it in and with any luck and guidance from this board and its members be able to post groups like Lewis to back all his hard work up.

AWESOME Deal, this is an Excellent Bullet :lewis:

The 1:48 Twist is VERY underrated. And truth is i am Guilty of being one that under Rated them, I simply didn’t know any better back then. I thought you had to Have an LRH (Fast Twist) Barrel to get good Accuracy? That is simply NOT the Case, As I’ve proven OVER & OVER Now. I have several of these 1:48 Twist Barrels that Shoot Bullets AWESOME

As I’ve said before, and I’ll say again, I am confident The KEY To success with these 1:48 Twist Rifles is the use of PURE Lead, and of Course a GOOD Proven Bullet Lube. Bullet Lube can MAKE or BREAK accuracy. I have posted my Lube recipes on here a Few different times now. They are easy to find. They are WELL PROVEN for me :lewis:

This is a Good Bullet my friend! You won’t go wrong with it :lewis: An Old ”Pre Warning“ Huh? AWESOME!! I’ll help ya in anyway i can to get that thing Shooting LIGHTS OUT:lewis:

Yea no “renegade” stamped in the barrel and no “black powder warning” anywhere either. It’s The only muzzlelaoder I own that doesn’t have that anywhere on it. I assume it must be an old one. I’m super excited to get her dialed in.

These 1:48 Twist Rifles will FLAT OUT Shoot if you feed them the Right components, and of course Do YOUR Part.

I plan to take the 1:48 Twist to 500-600 Yards as quick as i get the Chance to (The .50 Renegade Barrel that was Shot today) I have had everything layed out to do it, i just Haven’t had a Chance to get up to my Spot, they are Logging in there now. Probably be Springtime before i can do it. I will be using a BACO Paper Patch Bullet for that Shoot.

Yea no “renegade” stamped in the barrel and no “black powder warning” anywhere either. It’s The only muzzlelaoder I own that doesn’t have that anywhere on it. I assume it must be an old one. I’m super excited to get her dialed in.

Yep it’s an OLDIE then! AWESOME!! Those are getting a little harder to come by these Days. Do you know anything about the Bore Diameter yet? Figure out what Size you need? After the Holidays, I Will send you some of these to try. I stil have your addy here :lewis:

As far as the bore diameter goes I haven’t gotten around to figure out exactly what it is. I am honestly not sure how to measure it? Being a .50 cal I have lots of projectiles to try but most of what I have are saboted loads. I’m really getting the itch to shoot some solid lead soon. Be it paper patched or lubed. That would be awesome if you could send me some! Let me know when and I’ll make it right with ya. Much appreciated!

As far as the bore diameter goes I haven’t gotten around to figure out exactly what it is. I am honestly not sure how to measure it? Being a .50 cal I have lots of projectiles to try but most of what I have are saboted loads. I’m really getting the itch to shoot some solid lead soon. Be it paper patched or lubed. That would be awesome if you could send me some! Let me know when and I’ll make it right with ya. Much appreciated!

Do you have any Lead Conicals you could measure, and Test fit in the Bore?

I have some 385 grain buffalo bullet company hollow point/hollow base bullets that need relubed. The stuff on them now is dried right up. I also have some 350 grain maxihunters that are ready to shoot. Both have a “snug” fit when I put them in the muzzle. I’m assuming the tighter the better? I do use a solid range rod if that matters. I noticed the renegade ramrod has a ton of flex in it

I gave Lewis’ 50 cal i bullet an independent test in my 50 cal 1-48 twist renegade today. I just received this rifle and had not fired a shot until today. I set my Lyman 57 peep and used the standard tc front renegade sight. Put 2 test shots at 25 just to make sure it was on paper and it was. Ran my target board out to 75 yards. Swabbed the barrel and shot three shots. Here’s the results. 75 grain Swiss ffg 1 54 cal wool wad and the ibullet.

Attachments

• 0394B459-C20F-4263-812E-F726D48478AA.jpeg
    0394B459-C20F-4263-812E-F726D48478AA.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back