.54 Cal TC Renegade STOCK 1:48 Twist Accuracy Test

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Renegadehunter thank you for the information. I might have to see if I can get a T/A #11 nipple.
Baco sells a Platinum #11 nipple and goes for 1000s or so shots according to Dave the owner who shoots competition and has seen no wear as yet !/Ed

Ox Yoke doesn't list a ,58 cal dry wad. What size wad are you using in the .54?

I am using Ox-Yoke .58s, They say “Lubed”, But I can’t squeeze anything from them? No greasy feel on my hands when handling them. If you are concerned about Lubed Wads possibly Contaminating the Powder, Simply row them up on a Paper Towel and Squeeze them Good, Allowing the paper towel to absorb excess Lube, I do this in my Bench Vise to Wads that i can see are Lubed, it works great :lewis:

I find Harbor freight sells cheap hole punch sets ($15.00) and I get a metric and a standard SAE set (total cost) maybe $30-35 .00 , my oversize 54 comes from an 11mm using bulk Durafelt for my felt wads . Between these 2 sets you can punch out most any size wads covering most calibers /Ed

The most accurate Rifle and Load in the World is only as Accurate as YOU are Capable of. Flinching is BY Far the Biggest Killer/Destroyer of Accuracy, Many fella’s are to Macho to admit that, But it’s the Truth :) BELIEVE Me, I struggle with it as well, along with lifting my Head off the Stock, I deal with Both most Everytime i Shoot, I have to train my Brain. Fact is, Not every outing is Great for me either, I don’t always shoot well, I have plenty of Bad outings to go along with the Good
Thanks for preaching the same sermon I've preached for decades!

This was another New Rifle i have never Shot, Old Pre-Warning .54 Cal STOCK 1:48 Twist, Just the way they came from the Factory years ago, The ONLY thing that is NOT Stock is the Sights, I just Set this Rifle up yesterday evening, and Shot it this morning, I bought this Gun New from a Guy on another Forum awhile back.

The Video

Rifle on the Right, the one on the Left is the Old TC Renegade i just shot 500 yards with. Again, BOTH Rifles are Factory Stock EXCEPT the Sights, I have both Rifles Set up with Lyman 57SML Tang Peeps, With Lyman 17 Series Globe Front Sights. Target is 60 Yards
LlZRMmf.jpg

The Evil Twins :)
isLvA8x.jpg

The Bullet i chose, This is a Custom Bullet i designed, Called the “i Bullet” I had Tom of Accurate Bullet Molds Cut this Mold for me, I had this design done in .45, .50, and .54 Cal, As you guy’s have seen All 3 shoot SPECTACULAR :lewis:
8rDqFQDm.png

They weigh 500 Grains Cast of PURE Lead
yZU5rQC.jpg

This is the first 3 Shots, 60 Yards
OUtLpT4.jpg

I sent 2 More for good measure :lewis:
Y2aqidI.jpg

This was another New Rifle i have never Shot, Old Pre-Warning .54 Cal STOCK 1:48 Twist, Just the way they came from the Factory years ago, The ONLY thing that is NOT Stock is the Sights, I just Set this Rifle up yesterday evening, and Shot it this morning, I bought this Gun New from a Guy on another Forum awhile back.

The Video

Rifle on the Right, the one on the Left is the Old TC Renegade i just shot 500 yards with. Again, BOTH Rifles are Factory Stock EXCEPT the Sights, I have both Rifles Set up with Lyman 57SML Tang Peeps, With Lyman 17 Series Globe Front Sights. Target is 60 Yards
LlZRMmf.jpg

The Evil Twins :)
isLvA8x.jpg

The Bullet i chose, This is a Custom Bullet i designed, Called the “i Bullet” I had Tom of Accurate Bullet Molds Cut this Mold for me, I had this design done in .45, .50, and .54 Cal, As you guy’s have seen All 3 shoot SPECTACULAR :lewis:
8rDqFQDm.png

They weigh 500 Grains Cast of PURE Lead
yZU5rQC.jpg

This is the first 3 Shots, 60 Yards
OUtLpT4.jpg

I sent 2 More for good measure :lewis:
Y2aqidI.jpg

Hey Lewis, I just bought a .54 renegade, same Pre warning too, I was wondering if you could give me the specs off your mold to the T, also, did you go brass or iron? You use a .54 wad or 58 wad (I currently have .54s)

I don't own a traditional muzzy but I sure do miss Lewis' input!!
When he was active on here I was close to taking the dive into the "Traditional" hole!!
You don't dive but reach up to catch up ,and it can happen here if you read/practice what you read and shoot lots of others methods (already tried ) and proven . Short cuts to the top !!!/Ed

The most accurate Rifle and Load in the World is only as Accurate as YOU are Capable of. Flinching is BY Far the Biggest Killer/Destroyer of Accuracy, Many fella’s are to Macho to admit that, But it’s the Truth :) BELIEVE Me, I struggle with it as well, along with lifting my Head off the Stock, I deal with Both most Everytime i Shoot, I have to train my Brain. Fact is, Not every outing is Great for me either, I don’t always shoot well, I have plenty of Bad outings to go along with the Good
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with off days.

Thanks!

Walt

this is the one I was shooting that grouped 6-8" low

this is the mold a REAL design that Tom gave me and had me test it out

it shoots real good as well
so I went there today and ordered the mold that is described in this thread it's to bad the op is no longer here I would love to pick his brain I have lots of questions

Apparently I can't post the links sorry

this is the one I was shooting that grouped 6-8" low

this is the mold a REAL design that Tom gave me and had me test it out

it shoots real good as well
so I went there today and ordered the mold that is described in this thread it's to bad the op is no longer here I would love to pick his brain I have lots of questions

Apparently I can't post the links sorry
He doesn't respond to emails, texts msgs, or phone calls either. :mad:

Latest posts

Back