600 grain No Excuse

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gesthuntn

Reaction score
Will my Pedersoli Hawken Hunter stabilize these bullets? Really like hunting with heavy lead bullets and have some of these to try. What do you all think?

I’d like any input as well, I have a 1:24 twist Hawken hunter on order, what Bullet diameter are you currently using and what is bore diameter in your rifle?

Thanks for any input

I’d like any input as well, I have a 1:24 twist Hawken hunter on order, what Bullet diameter are you currently using and what is bore diameter in your rifle?

Thanks for any input
knight and bore was .503, used 600 and 650 grn. PP bullets and fury star tip , .503 good hunting bullet. the PP were from Buffalo Arms, and they were .492 before wrapped

the bullet you mentioned should work with same load but recoil will be high

Will my Pedersoli Hawken Hunter stabilize these bullets? Really like hunting with heavy lead bullets and have some of these to try. What do you all think?

Many of us are kinda with you.. bullets 10gr/caliber will pretty much kill anything.
If your twist is fast enough - should not be a problem. You may even try sub-sonic.

My rifle has a 1:24 twist. They also come with a peep sight from the factory.
You’ll be glad with that twist for heavy conicals.. you’ll also have a wide range of bullets to choose from with that twist.
Play with powder charges to fine tune a load.
Good luck - keep us posted..

I have this Same Rifle, They are a GREAT SIDELOCK Muzzleloader :lewis: Doc white chose the 1:24 Twist for His .50 Cals, he also made a 600 Grain Slug for them, I have no doubt They will Shoot GREAT from your Pedersoli Hawken “Hunter” with that same 1:24 Twist

Doc White’s Bullets, Note the 600 Grain Power Punch, Doc knew what he was Doing ;)
http://whitemuzzleloading.com/bullets/

Here is my Pedersoli Hawken “Hunter” on it’s Maiden Voyage, These are DARN GOOD Shooting Rifles :lewis:

Back