770 and 783 remingtons

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellerja

Reaction score
has anyone had any experience with these new models from Remington? The 770 I read had a poor bolt action performance.

I just know the 770 gets rather bad reviews from owners. Are you looking for a rifle? If so, slightly used can be a good option. If you have some bonus $$$ to spend go out & get a Browning X-Bolt. For modest E/SE deer a 243 is a fine choice.

I handeled a 770 last year,my opinion was that it was not Remingtons best work. I thought the bolt was rough to cycle and I don't really care for the enclosed action. However the gun was accurate. The owner tried to tell me that the bolt had not been oiled in a while and that it is why it did not cycle smoothly.

For the same money you can get a good used Remington Model 700 which are great, dependable rifles.

I've owned two 700's.one was a 7mm rem mag in a BDL. The other was a tactical .308 I guess this is why I'm asking because these new variants are untested to me.

Back