800, 900 & 1,000yds in June.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry boys & girls but it was way to busy to take photos. Ian took one of me while I was shooting 1,000yds. The bottom photo a nice lady tool with my cell phone.

IT WAS TOUGH FOR ME. Getting up and down was a real struggle, but I made it. I have to thank Jeff for all his help and time. Had Jeff not organized the match for us/me the way he did, there may have been some time issues on my part.
We shot the 800, 900 and 1,000yd relays on Saturday and it went well. Sunday we were supposed to shoot 2 relays at 1,000yds but guess what? RAIN! That's ok, they needed it badly. Although it was a lot of work, I still had an outstanding time.
Jeff shot a 40cal, Chris and I both shot 45's. That 40cal is a really accurate rifle :)

IIRC, Jeff out scored me by 18pts. Also......... of the 20 shooters total, Jeff had the overall highest score! Congratulations Jeff!!!

A couple notables........... Lee Shaver was there shooting, along with a shooter from Hungry. Top shooters in the world. Just not shooting inlines.

I shot the Inline Hunter match on Monday at Friendship. Might I just say .............. I SUCKED! Barry asked me, "George, what is going on? I've seen you shoot and this just isn't right".
IIRC.............. I shot under one chicken and over two turkeys. Rams at 500yds didn't stand a chance. My 50yd target........... I may have well shot it with a shotgun. No better at 100yds either. The 200yd target was a different ball game. IIRC it scored a 48/50.

It was............ FUN! I'll just tell everyone here, you won't find a better group of guys to shoot with. Help is only a question away.

Thank you to: Jeff, Chris, Barry and John.

Oh........... I shot up 8,645 grains of BH209 in those two days.

Ian took my photo. Jeff in the background.

IMG_1364.JPEG

Left to right....... Chris took 3rd. Jeff took 1st place. This old man on the right took 2nd.

thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:
How come? I almost bought one after seeing pictures of yours a few months back.
It's just not steady enough and can really flex for precision shooting.
Barry and John had portables made out of a Toughbuilt sawhorse. TOUGHBUILT 39.9

Barry's table was EXTREMELY stable, as he had me shoot his Paramount a few times at a practice target. Not sure what Vortex he has but, there wasn't a + in the center, just a hole???? Not sure I'd like that myself, but daygone it sure works for Barry. I sent him a message asking for a photo of how it mounts to the sawhorse. Without question, very stable.

Well that makes me feel good as the portable bench I made a few months ago has that same saw horse. I bet theirs are assembled a lot better than mine. I’d be interested in seeing how theirs are built. I really thought that Caldwell table looked solid as a rock.

Sorry boys & girls but it was way to busy to take photos. Ian took one of me while I was shooting 1,000yds. The bottom photo a nice lady tool with my cell phone.

IT WAS TOUGH FOR ME. Getting up and down was a real struggle, but I made it. I have to thank Jeff for all his help and time. Had Jeff not organized the match for us/me the way he did, there may have been some time issues on my part.
We shot the 800, 900 and 1,000yd relays on Saturday and it went well. Sunday we were supposed to shoot 2 relays at 1,000yds but guess what? RAIN! That's ok, they needed it badly. Although it was a lot of work, I still had an outstanding time.
Jeff shot a 40cal, Chris and I both shot 45's. That 40cal is a really accurate rifle :)

IIRC, Jeff out scored me by 18pts. Also......... of the 20 shooters total, Jeff had the overall highest score! Congratulations Jeff!!!

A couple notables........... Lee Shaver was there shooting, along with a shooter from Hungry. Top shooters in the world. Just not shooting inlines.

I shot the Inline Hunter match on Monday at Friendship. Might I just say .............. I SUCKED! Barry asked me, "George, what is going on? I've seen you shoot and this just isn't right".
IIRC.............. I shot under one chicken and over two turkeys. Rams at 500yds didn't stand a chance. My 50yd target........... I may have well shot it with a shotgun. No better at 100yds either. The 200yd target was a different ball game. IIRC it scored a 48/50.

It was............ FUN! I'll just tell everyone here, you won't find a better group of guys to shoot with. Help is only a question away.

Thank you to: Jeff, Chris, Barry and John.

Oh........... I shot up 8,645 grains of BH209 in those two days.

Ian too my photo. Jeff in the background.

View attachment 35242

Left to right....... Chris took 3rd. Jeff took 1st place. This old man on the right took 2nd.

View attachment 35243
What were your scores at 800-900 and 1000 yards? Can anyone post the match results for all the shooters? Glad you had fun and made it back safely. X

First...... not trying to make any excuses.

I believe another lesson learned from shooting 1,000yds, is that prior to even practicing, remove the scope, rings and mount. Then, reinstall the mount using, again, a liberal amount of Loctite on the screws. Zero again before leaving for the match.

When I installed the 40moa base, I used liberal amounts of Loctite (blue) on the screw threads. Yesterday when cleaning up the rifle, I removed the scope and rings, as I'm putting the Nightforce NXS up for sale.

Just because......... I decided to check the screws in the mount. Both rear screws were tight. However it ended up being different on the front screws. The rear screw on front was a 1/2 turn loose and the front screw just over a complete turn. Not good.
I reinstalled the mount, again, using liberal amounts of blue Loctite. The new Atacr will get mounted when it arrives.

Congratulations to all, great shooting, camaraderie for all makes a great day amongst like minded people… now let’s ask the question, What is the exact model and how many pesos for the nightforce NXS?

Congratulations to all, great shooting, camaraderie for all makes a great day amongst like minded people… now let’s ask the question, What is the exact model and how many pesos for the nightforce NXS?
https://www.nightforceoptics.com/riflescopes/nxs/nxs-55-22x50/
MOAR reticle. I ordered and installed the PTL, Power Throw Lever, for it at $64.
I haven't decided ..... yet ........ on the price. I have looked at a few that have sold and most go for around $1,400 shipped.

Back