Knight Vision - T-Minus a couple of hours

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After adding this gun to my cart and removing it about a dozen times, I went ahead and pulled the trigger {see what I did there?!} - Now it is Sunday morning and the gun is supposed to be delivered in a few hours. At 200 bucks, I just could not resist. I don't need another muzzleloader, but many of ya'll rave about Knights and I wasn't about to drop a grand on one. I really want to see whether the Green Mountain barrel makes a differnce to my accuracy. I am hoping that this shoots better than my Optima. For some reason, I just don't love that one...actuallly prefer the Wolf. Wish I had the new stock that comes with the Wolf V2, because I like the higher cheek rest and slightly longer LOP, but I really can't complain...the Wolf is a tack driver for me, and I am glad I didn't sell it a while back when I was thinking about it.

I think you will be surprised, and love that Vision. I’ve never shot one but they have the same high quality Green Mntn barrel as all their other guns.

It arrived and I think it is a very handsome. The break action is a little stiff, but I will get it broken in. The molded stock has lovely checkering, the nitrided barrel is nice, the iron sights are good and it comes with a weaver rail for mounting a scope. I got an extra breech plug at the same time...I think this will do very nicely!

I have two of the older Visions, one black and one all camo. Don't use them much at all they are both good shooters with two white hots and 300 gr SSTs. I normally use loose powder but was playing around with the white hots and juse never changed. I even bought a black one for my "adopted son" and he uses it regularly .

Ill bet 70% (maybe 80-90%) of the muzzle loaders owned by this group as a whole are not needed. But that would require us to define need by our own words and leave Webster out of it.
Ya think 👍🤣 I definitely fit into that bracket !!!

I have a brand new one in the box unfired looking to offload. Too heavy for what I want. Shipping from knight was 45 and excise is an extra 22 so all in total it was 267. I’ll do substantially better, PM if interested. I’d send proof labeled (name/date) photos, etc. just like if I posted it in the for sale forum.

Mine shoots very very well. I like to tell people when Knight designed the gun they used the majority of the $200 price tag to spec a really good barrel.

Trigger is not that great and the stock is plastic but they work. The bore is very consistent and produces great groups even with cheap bullets and triple 7.

Yes I'm being overly critical, don't think I'm talking trash. I plan to carry it in the woods this season with full confidence. Mine shot a baseball sized group at 100 yards right in the bullseye the first 3 shots out of the box with the factory iron sights

Very Nice. Curious, what did they charge for shipping. I could be interested.
Shipping was free. They are running a special I think. I am waiting for some scope rings to be delivered today and I'll put a scope on it and take it to the range sometime this week. Not as light to carry as the Wolf but same ballpark as the Optima. And because no exposed hammer, scope can be lower.

Shipping was free. They are running a special I think. I am waiting for some scope rings to be delivered today and I'll put a scope on it and take it to the range sometime this week. Not as light to carry as the Wolf but same ballpark as the Optima. And because no exposed hammer, scope can be lower.

let us know how the scope setup works out. I'd love to scope mine but the rail it comes with seems a little hokey.

let us know how the scope setup works out. I'd love to scope mine but the rail it comes with seems a little hokey.
Scope now mounted. I wish that the scope had a little longer eye relief so I could place it a little further forward but that oftens happen to me.

Attachments

• IMG_3487.JPG
    IMG_3487.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3488.JPG
    IMG_3488.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3489.JPG
    IMG_3489.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Back