Accurate Molds #45-340l 1st test, 7 Shot Group

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
I got a chance to test my Newly Designed little Accurate Molds .45 Cal Bullet this morning, it is Accurate Molds #45-340l, I chose to test it in my Rice 1:20 Twist First. Powder charge was 70 Grains by WEIGHT of Swiss 2F powder, With my 12MM Cut (.472-.473) 1/8” thick Wool felt Wads

My same 60 Yard Spot
d7J2unMm.jpg

k0W3SCO.jpg

1IA1OAS.jpg

Lubed with MY SPG Mixture
gPMZOtRm.jpg

Gotta Love a BIG WIDE Meplat Bullet :cool:
ajQ6Zql.jpg

I had 7 Total Bullets, So therefore i Shot a 7 Shot Group :lewis: This Little bullet shoots AWESOME, and at just under 350 Grains it is a PURE pleasure to Shoot!
6rFxTBn.jpg

Can’t wait to get home! 😁 I can definitely see another mold in my collection as well. Wonder what a 300gr bullet would look like?

I tracked your package, it says arriving late? You live in that LOONEY State, I bet some Democrats Got ahold of your Bullets and are trying to Change them to Something else? Them dirty sons a bitches 😁

A 300 Grain is pushing it, To much of a Gamble for me. I have tried a few DARN GOOD Looking 260-270 Grain .452, and .454 Bullets, They Shot HORRIBLE for me, And i put quite a Bit of Effort in trying to make them Shoot, Several different Powder Charges from Really mild, to Really Wild. I even tried paper patching them, NOTHING worked. This is PRECISELY why i had this #45-340l Made the way i did :lewis: I have a Lyman 292, it casts 295 Grains PURE Lead, It shoots Good with light Charges, But there is a FINE line there.

Not surprised they didn’t arrive today. I’m waiting for a ramrod from track of the wolf that was supposed to arrive today as well and it did not show up either. :mad:

Fine looking and shooting bullet. I've only cast for my .25 PCP and that has been years ago now since selling that gun (103 FPE).
And about delivery times, grrrrrrrrrr, a part for my truck was supposed to get here Monday, it finally arrived Thursday evening putting my week off by that amount of time as I needed to get my tractor on a job.

Nice shooting Lewis! Damn fine looking bullet! and target!

I tracked your package, it says arriving late? You live in that LOONEY State, I bet some Democrats Got ahold of your Bullets and are trying to Change them to Something else? Them dirty sons a bitches 😁

A 300 Grain is pushing it, To much of a Gamble for me. I have tried a few DARN GOOD Looking 260-270 Grain .452, and .454 Bullets, They Shot HORRIBLE for me, And i put quite a Bit of Effort in trying to make them Shoot, Several different Powder Charges from Really mild, to Really Wild. I even tried paper patching them, NOTHING worked. This is PRECISELY why i had this #45-340l Made the way i did :lewis: I have a Lyman 292, it casts 295 Grains PURE Lead, It shoots Good with light Charges, But there is a FINE line there.
I dont mean to pry but I What are you size lubing them to? What is the inside diameter of your barrel?

thank you,
Pat

I went ahead and ordered this mold last night. Looks like everything i want in a .45 coni. I picked up a double mold a few weeks ago that is similar, its marked 350 and 45/70. Looks like a Gould w/o a hollow point. Havent cast with it yet.
1606241968417291634310295650803.jpg

Hey Lewis, is that pure lead or alloy?

Sorry about the super late reply here, i missed this somehow?

The Bullets were cast of PURE Lead :lewis: About the only time i use an Alloy is on my Longer, Stream line bullets such as my Ellipticals.

I went ahead and ordered this mold last night. Looks like everything i want in a .45 coni. I picked up a double mold a few weeks ago that is similar, its marked 350 and 45/70. Looks like a Gould w/o a hollow point. Havent cast with it yet.
View attachment 11282

Thats a good looking Bullet MM :lewis: RCBS Mold? I don’t remember ever seeing that one?

Back