All ready thinking about 2006.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
I was so pleased with my 2005 hunts...I'm going BACK! :shock:

For SURE I'm going back to Kentucky during their muzzleloader season! That's really the first chance with a muzzleloader around here and the quality of animals is DEFINITELY there! This hunt is all READY 100% booked! :shock:

I'd also say there is close to 100% chance that I'm going to the same place in Texas. Kristel and I are BOTH going to go and the hunt is for 4-6 hunters MAX. If anyone else wants to book a hunt here as well let me know.. This hunt will go fast and it would be great for some of you to go as well. You really should have no problem getting a 130+class deer...of course I'm going for bigger in 2006! Plenty of time to plan NOW!

I am planning as well, My brother and I (maybe a couple more) plan on going to Co. for a Elk /Deer ML hunt. He will be assured of a bull tag and hopefully I can get a cow tag as a second choice. I will be able to get a buck tag though, as I have several points, although it is not a very good deer area. I just like to hunt and camp in the mountains. That is about it except for normal everyyear hunting.
My wife wants to go on a nice vacation, probably Scotland or Nova Scotia so finances will prevent any high price hunting trips.
Redclub

I'm thinking about Wyoming for 2006. I have a shoe-string relative out there so the hunt should be reasonable - he hunts a LOT and suggested for the past few years that I should apply. He lives in Casper, and works for one of the large coal mines out there.

I'm pretty sure that there are no muzzleloader specific seasons, so whatever he suggests is what I'll apply for. The DNR should be mailing out the 2006 applications and regs within the next 2 weeks, and I believe the due date is 1-31.

I'd drive out there, so I can bring back the meat.

Anybody have any tips/pointers?

Blue-Dot-37.5

I'm looking at a muzzleloader hunt for antelope in Wyoming. Maybe around the middle of the state somewhere. Haven't made up my mind yet. I will probally go during the regular rifle season, as there's not very many ML only areas. WY Big Game Booklet should be here soon, then I'll have a better idea.

Latest posts

Back