Aloha from Honolulu

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Keone, hope you find some powder.

Howzit brah!! Here from the Big Island. I shot prb out of my encore and tried many loads, different patches, etc. I wasn’t happy. So if I use the encore to paper punch or hunt I use the xtps. They’re reasonable priced to me. But I mostly hunt and target with my sidelock with prb anyways. I shoot once or twice a week. Yeah, getting powder here in paradise has been a problem so started making my own.

Hey brah! Nice hearing from you. Sorry I didn’t reply earlier, I was busy and all worn out. I am a rookie so I know nothing. What kind loads you use? Got a suggestion? I got a Thompson Renegade in 50 and encore XT in 50. and Patriot pistol in 45. They in Portland and going for my granddaughter’s birthday in April. because of the pandemic I haven’t gone in two years.

Welcome from SE Michigan! The temperature here has been below zero or in the single digits here several times this month. At this point, I wish I were there!
I sure hope your powder powder supply improves.

Mahalo! (Thanks) from Hawaii. I hope it warms up a bit for you. It‘s morning here and today’s high will be 78. Blue skies, gentle breezes. High cost of living, but it year round t-shirts, shorts and flip flops. Take care and stay warm and Aloha!

Thanks, there is nothing in stock in Honolulu except for a few places that has caps and primers. I got to shop for bullets online which doesn’t have free shipping to Hawaii and a higher cost of living. Looking for powder and usually only one or two brands of primers at stores. This is an anti-gun state. Still can’t beat the shorts and t-shirt weather year round.

Thanks, there is nothing in stock in Honolulu except for a few places that has caps and primers. I got to shop for bullets online which doesn’t have free shipping to Hawaii and a higher cost of living. Looking for powder and usually only one or two brands of primers at stores. This is an anti-gun state. Still can’t beat the shorts and t-shirt weather year round.
Welcome to the group. We have never been to Hawaii but it is on our bucket list to visit, fish and maybe hunt. There is a shortage of everything in Oregon. The stores say when they do get ammo, powder or primers in they are sold out the first day. I haven't been able to even buy 22 long rifle or shotgun shells since Biden has been in office.
Have a great day.
Keep your powder dry

I just left the Islands Sept 2020. I spent 13 years there. Had a Great Job, lived is a Super nice place. It was time for me to retire. So I headed back to the mainland. Its nice to get in a car and just DRIVE with out 50-60,000 other cars on the road. If you have ever been to Oahu you'll under stand my comment. Plenty of sunshine here in Texas.
I've been told that reloading supplies are pretty much no exsistant now on the Islands.

I just left the Islands Sept 2020. I spent 13 years there. Had a Great Job, lived is a Super nice place. It was time for me to retire. So I headed back to the mainland. Its nice to get in a car and just DRIVE with out 50-60,000 other cars on the road. If you have ever been to Oahu you'll under stand my comment. Plenty of sunshine here in Texas.
I've been told that reloading supplies are pretty much no exsistant now on the Islands.

Aloha,
I am in my 70s and while living in California when much younger I had driven across the USA twice, once on a motorcycle, across Canada, Alaska and a month across Mexico. I had loved to drive. These days I barely put 2000 miles a year on my car and use a small motorcycle around Honolulu. Getting old is no fun. Enjoy life, see and experience the great outdoors and have fun. This is your time now, you worked hard for it.

Latest posts

Back