AM #45-340I Bullet Tested in .45 GM LRH (1:30 Twist)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
I tested my new little Bullet (Accurate Molds #45-340I) in my TC Hawken, .45 Green Mountain LRH 1:30 Twist Barrel this morning, It did Really well in it as I figured it would :lewis: This is an AWESOME Little Bullet, At 345 Grains it is Truly a Pleasure to Shoot, With this BIG WIDE Meplat this Bullet would be a HAMMER on Deer

The Bullet, 345-346 Grains Cast of PURE Lead
MTYKwFQ.jpg

My same 60 Yard Short Range Bullet testing Spot, Amazing it isn’t Snowed in yet
HK06AiF.jpg

Shot through this Barrel, I bought this one Brand new from Green Mountain back in my Beginning of Muzzleloading, These GM LRH Barrels are FLAT OUT Awesome. It’s Sad that Green Mountain quit making these .45s
6tll1cO.jpg

My 1st 3 Shots, She Shoots :lewis:
AgHvf4o.jpg

This is 9 Shots, I had 9 Charges and Bullets, Being in Covid 19 Quarantine and all, Why not shoot all 9 :) Shoot/Swab/load/Shoot again, It‘s kinda neat to Watch the Group “Climb” from the Barrel Heating up, There was NO cool down time here. This is PRECISELY why i stick to 3 and 5 Shot Groups MAX when i am Serious about it, More than 5 and They will start Climbing EVERYTIME From Barrel Heat, Shots 1-7 Were TIGHT, 8-9 Were the 2 Highest ones
p67ahn9.jpg

For a sick man you sure make tiny groups for sure . A question on that mold , would you take a guess on results with a 1-18 twist GM 32 inch barrel Hoyt bored.

Lewis had great success in his 1:20 twist, dont see why it wouldn't perform good in a 1:18. I own couple of Bobby Hoyt rebores and their performance is excellent.

For a sick man you sure make tiny groups for sure . A question on that mold , would you take a guess on results with a 1-18 twist GM 32 inch barrel Hoyt bored.

So far this Covid 19 hasn’t given me or the Wife much trouble, We had 1 Fairly yucky day and that’s been it thus Far, Hopefully we get through it with nothing more than we are dealing with now, The Wife lost her Taste & Smell Yesterday, She actually got a Kick out of it, Ran in and Grabbed a Bottle of Wasabi/Horse Radish and Ate some, Looked at me and said “Nope, can’t taste, or Smell it?”:roll:

This is a Small Bullet for the 18 Twist, But i am confident it would Shoot, Just slow em down a little, Like 60-65 Grains of Powder, I have this 32” GM 1-18 Twist Barrel (The one i shoot 825 yards with in that Video) I will shoot a Group of these Through it and See what they do? I will even Chronograph it and See what they are doing? This little Bullet is a LOAD of fun to Shoot, At 1300-1400 Fps It would be FLAT OUT DEADLY on Deer :lewis:

So far this Covid 19 hasn’t given me or the Wife much trouble, We had 1 Fairly yucky day and that’s been it thus Far, Hopefully we get through it with nothing more than we are dealing with now, The Wife lost her Taste & Smell Yesterday, She actually got a Kick out of it, Ran in and Grabbed a Bottle of Wasabi/Horse Radish and Ate some, Looked at me and said “Nope, can’t taste, or Smell it?”:roll:

This is a Small Bullet for the 18 Twist, But i am confident it would Shoot, Just slow em down a little, Like 60-65 Grains of Powder, I have this 32” GM 1-18 Twist Barrel (The one i shoot 825 yards with in that Video) I will shoot a Group of these Through it and See what they do? I will even Chronograph it and See what they are doing? This little Bullet is a LOAD of fun to Shoot, At 1300-1400 Fps It would be FLAT OUT DEADLY on Deer :lewis:
Thanks will look forward to seeing your test and good to hear you and the wife are getting over this china crap/Ed

Back