An interesting experience today.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
SUBJECT: An interesting experience today.
I was at Walmart this morning behind a couple of guys in their early 20's. They are doing the usual crap with hand signs and talking so fast that I couldn't understand what they were saying, pare for the course. I'm not paying much attention to them until the one in front of me steps out of line shows us a gun in his waistband and tells us to step aside. Everyone does as instructed. The wife is tells me to be cool knowing my hand is on my Sig 938 under my shirt.

These two Mexican kids get cash and drugs, they don't get any further than the entry (its locked and the second set of doors behind them is now locked). Trapped they are kicking the doors and yelling, Walmart security moves everyone away the entry so no-one would get hurt if they started shooting (very smart move). 

It took about 4-6 minutes and the police arrived, Swat Team, regular cops, dogs, everything they had was there. :Scucks: 

Needless to say the bad guys gave up like little girls.  :Questuon: :bow: 

We were held up for several hours with everyone there being questioned. The wife was worried about being having a gun (I have a permit - its legal). When it's our turn to tell what we saw the one officer says "Hey Buck are you armed, is it the little Sig"? My wife about fainted, she didn't know I knew half of the officers there from working in the Gun Library at Cabela's. These guys use to come in on night shift to see the guns and just hang out.

Glad you came out safe!

Two young men were casing a local gun shop. Several of us customers were inside and we all watched the two look around furtively. Finally, one waited just outside the door and the other one walked in. All of our hands went for our carry guns as if it was choreographed. Imagine 4 customers and the owner all resting their hands on the gun grips as if in a pose. The young fellow made a good decision and rushed out of the store.
Ron

I love clown shows. Our Walmart does not have such interesting entertainment. Nor do my gun shops. 

I think I am as impressed that you knew when not to pull your firearm as I am that you had your firearm and was ready to use it. I think those fools do not realize just how lucky they were. I am betting you were not really on their radar as a real threat. I also bet that you are a better shot.

KC, I go to the range at least two times a month and shoot at least 50 (1) box of 9MM ammo, probably  between my wife and myself 150 rounds of .22 rimfire in pistol, revolvers and rifles and 20 rounds out of one of the muzzle-loaders. 

During the winter months we shoot indoors, just can't shoot the muzzle-loaders (to much smoke) and my screw up. A few years ago I shot my 1874 Shiloh Sharps inside with with grease cookies and corn meal spacers in duplex loads. The damn grease cookies and corn meal made a mess of the lighting system, it took us several hours to wipe everything down. Almost got thrown out of his shop. No more black-powder anything.

Back