And again...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Met Ed M at Dixon's 'tuther day. Fine fellow btw.
Got there a bit early, and went a lookin'.. BIG mistake as I didn't leave my debit card at home...
Picked up a VERY nice .50 Renegade flinter, of roughly the same vintage as the .54 caplock I got the other day. Not as good a deal, typical for what such goes for 'round here.
She doesn't seem to have seen much use, I seem to have a nose for such, and has a perfect bore. The lock is nice and tight and sparks very well.
While I like my Pennsylvania Hunter just fine, she's a ball rifle. The Renegade is more versatile with her shallow groove 1-48 barrel. I do intend to explore the possibilities in greater detail...
So. I have a few TCs. They are rather promiscuous...
Omega Z5 .50
Thunderhawk .50
Firehawk .50
Pennsylvania Hunter. 50 ( flintlock)
Laminate Hawken .50 ( percussion)
Renegade .54 ( percussion)
Renegade. 50 ( flint)
I think a 12 step program is needed.
" Hi. I'm Mark and I'm a muzzleloader "
" Hi Mark..."

Got there a bit early, and went a lookin'.. BIG mistake as I didn't leave my debit card at home...
Picked up a VERY nice .50 Renegade flinter, of roughly the same vintage as the .54 caplock I got the other day. Not as good a deal, typical for what such goes for 'round here.
She doesn't seem to have seen much use, I seem to have a nose for such, and has a perfect bore. The lock is nice and tight and sparks very well.
While I like my Pennsylvania Hunter just fine, she's a ball rifle. The Renegade is more versatile with her shallow groove 1-48 barrel. I do intend to explore the possibilities in greater detail...
Omega Z5 .50
Thunderhawk .50
Firehawk .50
Renegade. 50 ( flint)
" Hi Mark..."
Yea maybe someone will intervene with another ml to help with your addiction.

Omega Z5 .50
Thunderhawk .50
Firehawk .50
Renegade. 50 ( flint)

Well, I count seven. You only need five more to properly complete a 12 step program.

(As I sit here with 19 frontstuffers lined up on the wall of my man cave.)

I went to a gun show yesterday, and I was appalled by the prices. I did find some Winchester #11 Magnum primers that a former friend had for sale for $25/100. I'm not that desperate yet. I did find a pair of sunglasses.

Our lovely governor and our mayor outlawed the use of state and city properties for gun shows. Hopefully, we can fix that in November.

Omega Z5 .50
Thunderhawk .50
Firehawk .50
Renegade. 50 ( flint)
" Hi Mark..."
Mark, it was great to finally meet you in person as well. You sure did step into it again with that Flintlock Renegade! I wished TC made one in a left-handed version. SIGH

However, I was glad I was there and was able to purchase the last box of Schuetzen Musket caps that Dixon's had in stock. When I asked about RWS caps both #11 and Musket caps, they said "They have no idea as right now RWS that manufactures them in Germany are concentrating their efforts in making primers, etc for the Ukraine military. " So that being said, God knows when we will ever see RWS caps on the shelves again.

Yeah, but I have 7!
Woe is me! This one's a shooter too. 3 shot groups at 50 yards are a very consistent 1 1/4 inch. 70 grains 3f Swiss, a 45 caliber 250 grain XTP in a Harvester crush rib. The bore is TIGHT. Her lock is also FAST.
Good rifle.
Now, if I can only get my Pennsylvania Hunter flintlock to shoot like this...

Latest posts

Back