Another Hello from Wisconsin

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cory326

Reaction score
Hello! I've been bitten by the black powder bug! Not new to shooting but new to bp. Got started by trading an old shotgun in for a CVA Bobcat. And now I have a Traditions Buckstalker as well. Kind of "budget" rifles, I know but they shoot well enough. Looking forward to learning a lot from the posts here an plan of asking a few questions here and there.

Welcome Cory...Enjoy your stay. Ask away...there are some great guys here that can help you with anything you might need.

Welcome to the forum and the sport! Lots of good folk and knowledge to be found here. Check out all the Stickys on the individual forums if you have not don't so, lots of great info to be had. Ask your questions too, you just might get and answer or 2. :wink:

It starts small, But It grows to out of control proportions quickly. You think..well maybe ill try just one, next thing you know pop, there appears another in the safe.. Then your thinkin..If I sell this rifle I dont use anymore, and maybe that old rust tube, I could get that new inline Ive had my eye on. Next thing you know your at every gunshow you can find, scouring for caps...new bullets..strange old relics.. you dont even use your CF rifles anymore.. and rarely even the shotgun. Then you start thinking, shotgun Hmm, they make those in Blackpowder too..wow that sounds fun! Your friends hardly recognize you anymore.. Then it hits you..your a full fledged addict! ,,but theres no 12 step program..just a list of steps you take while loading.. HAHA welcome to the darkside!!

Both of them are very good rifles and will get the job done for you. Black powder hunting is real addicting. I started out many years ago with one rifle and now have more then I care to mention. Welcome to the forum.

Latest posts

Back