another sabot question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylorhaught

Reaction score
Looking at getting some Harvester sabots to try out with the Shockwaves, Hornady SST, and even the TMZ's. I will be using BH209 out of Triumph. The questions is the regular harvester or chrushed rib?

All most all TC guns due best with the Short Black, rather than the regular or the Crush Rib with the SW or SST the Crush Rib or the MMP HPH24 often works best with the TMZ's. Lee

It depends on how tight a bore you have. You might want to get both. Then you have all the bases covered. I normally shoot the Harvester Crushed Rib sabots in my rifles.

Lee 9 said:
All most all TC guns due best with the Short Black, rather than the regular or the Crush Rib with the SW or SST the Crush Rib or the MMP HPH24 often works best with the TMZ's. Lee

Will the TMZ with the boattail shoot okay with the \mmp \hph24 sabots?

I've never shot the barnes bullets without their supplied sabots. They are a special sabot for the boattail. Your best bet is to stick with the supplied barnes sabot. HOWEVER they do make a non boattail version of the TMZ now. They are a little pricy, but you can use whatever "regular" sabot you want.

Cayuga,

The bore seems to be very tight. I dont mind muscling it down the bore if I get better performance. I guess they are pretty cheap so I'll get both.

younghunter_86

Not to further muddy the waters, but another sabot you might want to try is the MMP HPH-3p-Ez load. It was designed for the tight bore TC's.

There is no doubt that you can probably get a short black harvester down the barrel of a new Triumph and everybody raves about the accuracy - but is it practical for hunting where you might want to reload in a hurry or in cold weather when the barrel gets little tighter?

I think you have made a wise decision to try as few different sabots. Sometimes we get so hung on accuracy we forget about the fact we are hunting and you are shooting a hunting rifle.

Latest posts

Back