Antelope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1874sharpsshooter

Reaction score
Archey Antelope is difficult as usual so I was especially glad to find out today that I successfully drew an any Antelope tag for rifle season :)
Now which long range muzzy gets the call of duty is the big question. Of course I have plenty of time to figure that out I guess

Congrats!An antelope hunt looks fun. I just put in for a Prairie SD Antelope tag to go out and hunt with an old college buddy. Only 12 Non-res tags available in that zone so i'm not getting my hopes up but sure would be fun.

03mossy said:
Congrats!An antelope hunt looks fun. I just put in for a Prairie SD Antelope tag to go out and hunt with an old college buddy. Only 12 Non-res tags available in that zone so i'm not getting my hopes up but sure would be fun.
Draw was today. Go check :)
Hopefully you get a tag
Even if I don’t fill my archery antelope it is good to be hunting :) came close yesterday but couldn’t quite get a shot .

Crap... "Unsuccessful in draw". There were 190 non res applications and 12 tags given out. All the winners had a minimum of 2 preference points and this was my first year applying. So looks like 2 more years before ill even have a remote chance. I've had some pretty bad draw luck the last few years. Haven't drawn a bear tag in 3 years either for here.

03mossy said:
Crap... "Unsuccessful in draw". There were 190 non res applications and 12 tags given out. All the winners had a minimum of 2 preference points and this was my first year applying. So looks like 2 more years before ill even have a remote chance. I've had some pretty bad draw luck the last few years. Haven't drawn a bear tag in 3 years either for here.
Yea. 2 points has been the minimum the past few years to get a tag . That’s to bad. There is always Archery antelope
You get a tag for sure and you could be hunting now :)
Get the bow out !! And pack your bags :)

I wish I had a tag this year. I’ll be building preference points for a few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a point in WY this year. Planning to head out there next year solo. Never done an out west hunt other than ducks in AR. Gonna take my sharps and the muzzleloader.

Attachments

• 3B85A736-DB0A-428D-9408-0322BF51B595.jpeg
    3B85A736-DB0A-428D-9408-0322BF51B595.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 254
  • B7EE6216-1E0B-43D7-A51D-FB8146D626E6.jpeg
    B7EE6216-1E0B-43D7-A51D-FB8146D626E6.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 254
WV Hunter said:
You should take your Knight :lol: :lol: :lol: :yeah:
Probably will when rifle season rolls around . This is weapon of choice right now

Attachments

• 0656C3A4-DACC-4720-981A-9F0517F0C0EF.jpeg
    0656C3A4-DACC-4720-981A-9F0517F0C0EF.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 193
Stealthy :yeah: What brand of Bow are you shooting? What are the Specs?

Archery Elk starts up Sept. 6th Here, I get excited about it the First week or so, or about 20 miles of walking Whichever comes first? Then I’ve had enough of it :lol:

Idaholewis said:

Archery Elk starts up Sept. 6th Here, I get excited about it the First week or so, or about 20 miles of walking Whichever comes first? Then I’ve had enough of it :lol:
This one is a Hoyt 28” draw length and set at 55 # with 80% letoff . I shoot carbon express arrows , Maxima Red and Maxima Hunter . My other bows are a PSE Bow Madness and a 15 year old Reflex I keep for sentimental reasons .

1874sharpsshooter said:
Idaholewis said:

This one is a Hoyt 28” draw length and set at 55 # with 80% letoff . I shoot carbon express arrows , Maxima Red and Maxima Hunter . My other bows are a PSE Bow Madness and a 15 year old Reflex I keep for sentimental reasons .

Hoyt’s are great bows! I’m one of them Die Hard Mathews Guy’s :D I started out with their little Bulldog Bow back when Mathews first hit the Scene, There was an 8 year streak that i owned about every model they made. I currently have the Older Z7 and really like it. I only had 1 that I didn’t like and that was their First year Monster, i bought it in 80#s and shot it a BUNCH, but just couldn’t get a “Love” for that darn thing. That Bow had a “Twang” no matter what, in my opinion Mathews went backwards with that one. I heard the newer Models were good, I haven’t shot any of the really new stuff. This Old 12-13 Z7 is all the Bow i need. I am shooting Easton Bloodline 330 Arrows with 85 Grain Slick Trick Heads, 29.5 Draw length, 72-73 pounds and getting 305 FPS over my Chronograph

I bet them Antelope are a FRUSTRATING critter to hunt with a Bow, I’ve seen videos of hunting them over Watering holes, Looks like about the best way to go about it? What is the chances of a Spot n Stalk on them things? Little, and None? :lol:

Latest posts

Back