anti seize for vent liner

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdog

Reaction score
does anybody use anti seize on their vent liner screw?

I shoot BH209 powder exclusively and all my guns are using plugs with vent liners and I use nothing on the liner threads but remove it and clean it after every shooting session.

Ok, first time for me having a breech plug with a vent liner, I always kept the breech plugs lubed, and didn't see anything about the vent liners, thanks guys for the info

Im a grease guy myself, apply just like Rick Bollinger. Plug was in for 6 weeks. During Michigan regular gun, muzzle loader season, and extended doe season. Shot it about 10 days in and during 2nd sat of muzzle loader season. Came out as sweet at you please. Cheap too.

You boys that INSIST on using anti--seize on your plugs and vents really NEED to look at what has happened to a MM member who has a current thread in the smokeless forum about his 45 Pacnor barrel . ANTI--SEIZE HAS SCREWED IT UP !!!! He was shooting blackhorn too !!!! You really cant afford to keep using that CRAP on your GUNS !!!! Wake Up !!!!

Last edited:
I picked up the Permatex you mentioned in the BP thread, I'm using that on my BPlugs and vent liner now.... the lapping job i'll do this coming week

Last edited:
You boys that INSIST on using anti--seize on your plugs and vents really NEED to look at what has happened to a MM member who has a current thread in the smokeless forum about his 45 Pacnor barrel . ANTI--SEIZE HAS SCREWED IT UP !!!! He was shooting blackhorn too !!!! You really cant afford to keep using that CRAP on your GUNS !!!! Wake Up !!!!
Stop shouting at me! I'll switch already. Jeez dad... :rolleyes:
Did he get that lump out of his barrel yet?

Stop shouting at me! I'll switch already. Jeez dad... :rolleyes:
Did he get that lump out of his barrel yet?
Lol , dad eh ?? Lol !!! No not that i know of . He said he was out of town i believe . He's got a PROBLEM with that barrel . Good thing i got your back sonny -- boy !!!! Lmao !!!!!

Gentlemen , i apologize if ive come across a bit strong in my post . BUT i have your best interests in heart . If i would be aware of the dangers of using this anti-'seize and say nothing that would be wrong and show a complete lack of charactor . I could not act like this toward you . I HAD to speak up to PROTECT you and yours . Thank you for understanding this , and in doing so understanding me .
---- Sideshow :lewis:

Gentlemen , i apologize if ive come across a bit strong in my post . BUT i have your best interests in heart . If i would be aware of the dangers of using this anti-'seize and say nothing that would be wrong and show a complete lack of charactor . I could not act like this toward you . I HAD to speak up to PROTECT you and yours . Thank you for understanding this , and in doing so understanding me .
---- Sideshow :lewis:
Im sure we all know. I was just makin fun of all the CAPITALs you were using.

I have read up on anti-seize, recently, and either that nickel or the HD anti-seize that has no metals in it sound like the best choice if your not using the ptfe sealant.
Problem is muzzy they still dont protect your threads from crud and wont help to seal the combustion of powder . Permatex thread sealant with ptfe does without any risks . Thats also not mentioning the naptha based oil that Loctite warned should not be exposed to ANY oxidizers that are present in our powders . Just sayin.....

If MUCH BETTER is available why mess with it ????

Last edited:
Back