Any Genesis owners have a Nikon Omega mounted?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWThomas

Reaction score
I already have a Nikon ProStaff 3-9X40 mounted on my black/blue Genesis and it fits great! Plenty of eye relief and just clears the rear rifle site. I'm looking at getting a Nikon Omega for the Buckmasters Genesis and want to make sure it will fit good before I do. My concern is that it's about 2 inches shorter than the ProStaff and I'm worried it will not be able to clear the rear rifle site on the barrel. I don't really want to remove the site unless I have to. So do any of you Genesis owners have an Omega and if so, what base(s)/rings do you have and how does it fit???

Something you can do is.. go to Nikon and get the specs on the Omega scope and then compare that to one that you know fits the way you want like the Pro Staff.

just a thought. I don't own a Omega.

They list the specs on their site but it's still kinda hard to tell how it's going to fit unless you have it installed.

Well that is very true... that should be a good set up.

I think I may just take my Genesis with the Traditions base and rings mounted to Bass Pro with me next time I go. That way I can set the scope on the rings and see how it will fit. It'll be funny when I say, "yep that fits good" and then walk out. I can find that scope elsewhere a lot cheaper than Bass Pro.

Well, I took my Genesis to Bass Pro with me today. It has the Traditions high scope rings already mounted on it. I asked to see one of their Omegas and I tried to fit it on the rings. There is absolutely no way the Nikon Omega will fit on the Genesis using these rings without removing the rear sight. So I guess I answered that question. Now I'm debating whether or not I should remove the rear sight and mount the Omega or leave it and mount a Buckmasters Nikon.

That's a good thing to know. I was thinking of mounting that same scope on my Genesis. Right now I have a Traditions on it. I need to shoot it more though.

Dave, what are your thoughts on removing the rear sight? Good, bad, not safe?....

Latest posts

Back