Anybody else collect anything cool

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I collect muzzleloaders… i know, not cool.
Cracking Up Lol GIF

I seem to collect pocket and straight blade knifes. One pocket knife is an old cub scout from the 60's and I also have a Boy Scout straight blade knife and leather sheath also from about the 1960's.
My prized knife is a K-Bar that my late brother Joe carried in Vietnam while with the US Army Special Forces.

I use to collect T/C Hawken rifles. At one time I had a bunch even some special ones like the Cougar and the Silver Elite. A lot of them were kept on display so I thought if I wasn't going to use them I went and sold them. I still have a couple but the only thing original on them are the stocks. They all have custom, GM or Rice barrels on them.
Now I'm on two kicks. I started collecting Win 94s and also various 22LRs. As far as the 22s go I have a couple high end rifles and a handful of so so ones like old Rem and Win single shots.

Last edited:
I've got a few pieces of old Porsche memorabilia and 356 related sales literature, including the original receipt, etc from when Dad bought my 356 new in '65.

Grandma on mom's side was secretary to the GM of the 1932 Olympic games in Los Angeles. We've got the proverbial metric shitload of Olympic related stuff, from a set of Gold/Silver/Bronze medals to one of the flags flown when the US won an event, to the silver plate used to make the official Ambassador invitations, etc. When the '84 games returned to LA grandma was heavily involved in coordinating the volunteer effort, so yet another metric shitload of Olympic stuff from those games was acquired, including the last torch in the relay run that was used to light the actual Olympic torch, and some country specific pins, etc that were to have been given to the USSR teams but they boycotted....

This one made me think, I never considered myself a collector of anything, But I do own a collection amount of several things.
Guns, especially muzzleloaders first came to mind, and I probably own over 100 poles and reels. everything from lightweight but mostly big ocean type anchor winch size. I probably own 4-5 full sets of cast iron cookware. Canning supplies.. (probably most of wich are inherited hodge podge, many likely collector items that I just use) Lures, Milwaukee battery tools are some of the first to come to mind. I even have a woodshop, full of tools, many of which are older than me (you just cant beat those old cast iron tools) bandsaw, table saw, drill press.. about the only things that wear are bearings and electric switches/motors. I have some newer more portable matches, but none can match the power or longevity of the old stuff

Back